North Wood meet February 28~01March 2020 UPDATED post 33

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
This will be our 11th year as a year round camping venue. I hold these meets every two months, normally over the last weekend where possible so a total of just six meets a year.

However, I have noticed a gradual decline in attendance not just here at North Wood but at other midland venues too, some of which have ceased meets altogether. Looking at other meets around the UK on BCUK I suspect this issue is not confined solely to the West Midlands.

This situation was apparent at our recent December meet with a very poor turnout, of course there will always be cancellations for various reasons and I can sort of factor a percentage in. However this is not my wood I just run the meets, I am answerable to the farmers that own it who as friends have allowed me to organise these meets that they may make something out of it too, of late they make very little.

So, having given this a lot of thought and having discussed this with some of the regulars, I am willing to continue with the February meet and possibly the April 'bluebell' meet to see if numbers improve. If they do not I will have to close North Wood down as a venue.

Everything else is here

Last edited:

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Apologies I can't make the February meet, I'm getting married that weekend. I'd love to come on the April meet though, I've just moved up to the area so it would be good to see some more outdoors people knocking around.

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
Woodspirits 28~01
Diamond Dave 28-01
pieinthesky 28-01 provisional

Steve, is it OK to post this meet elsewhere, I am thinking Edge Matters Forum

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
  1. Woodspirits 28~01
  2. Diamond Dave 28-01
  3. pieinthesky 28-01 provisional
  4. Rumpole_stiltskin 28-01 TBC
  5. TinkyPete 28-01 TBC
  6. Preper 28-01 TBC

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
  1. Woodspirits 28~01
  2. Diamond Dave 28-01
  3. pieinthesky 28-01 provisional
  4. Rumpole_stiltskin 28-01 TBC
  5. TinkyPete 28-01 TBC
  6. Preper 28-01 TBC
  7. MikeeMiracle 29-01

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
Really sorry to hear the days of North Wood might be numbered:frown:
We are still waiting to have the date for our move to Snowdonia confirmed. It should be sometime in the next 28 days.
We will try and get back for the bluebell meet. It will be nice to see some friends and pass over our new address.
Its a very "bushcrafty" area with rivers, mountains and forests within easy reach.
Good luck with the meets. It would be such a shame for the demise of this friendly gathering.
Greg & Ali

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have just been notified that I have to attend a career course which starts on the 26 till the 6th March so will no longer be able to make it. But look forward to the blubell meet. Work is getting in the way again of my fun and relaxation :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE