north wood meet 25th-27th june 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Steve, are there any objections to me practicing some 'survival' skills at this meet? i feel like camping out in a shelter and taking absolute minimal kit.

Davey,

Sounds good in theory.

Not wishing to step on Steve's toes and put words into his mouth but from the opening post:

SNIP>

were here on trial

the only thing we should leave is a good impression,

this is a private site, a farmer who i know and who has trusted me.

live wood is to be left untouched.

I am not sure there is enough leaf litter to build a debris shelter, I could be wrong though.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm its my weekend in work that weekend not fair so unless i can get holly jollys at such short notice i wont be there dam blast and blow ow well i will see what i can do drew

Nolightweight
Twodogs
Snarf +1 (TBC)
MartinK9
Andy2112
Davey569
drew (tbc)

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
:D blimey dave, you must be going to some real dogs hole if you'd rather spend it with the unwashed! :lmao:

and to you guys who cant make it hopefully see you at the next one :)

Flying back from Greece on the saturday and although we should be landing early I can't see ducking out for saturday night.

I will suggest it over a few coctails while we are over there but my chances are pretty much slim to non.

So gutted I'm going to miss it.

Hopefully if there is more to follow I'll get there for the next one.

Snarfs Sniff

Jun 3, 2010
Birmingham
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Snarf
MartinK9
Andy2112
Davey569
drew (tbc)
Snarfs Sniff

I feel specal now i have my own name and lee looks lonely (Ive taken the TBC bit off babe as WE ARE GOING!) lol

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
I feel specal now i have my own name and lee looks lonely (Ive taken the TBC bit off babe as WE ARE GOING!) lol

You are special babe and i'm not lonely, i know at least 5 people going lol.

To confirm this is the current list;

Nolightweight
Twodogs
Snarf
MartinK9
Davey569
drew (tbc)
Snarfs Sniff

Last edited:

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Steve, are there any objections to me practicing some 'survival' skills at this meet? i feel like camping out in a shelter and taking absolute minimal kit.

davey should be ok, but not yet, be patient i dont want to scare off the farmer or indeed anyone else passing by seeing a pair of eyes peering at them from the undergrowth!
let people get used to us for a while, see that were harmless and have a true respect for our surroundings, this is after all a private little beauty spot for a few of the locals and we are dead jammy to be here.
be good to get down to basics and see some old skills later.

Last edited:

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Okie doke, no problem steve. I just thought Id ask before turining up with nothing more than the clothes on my back. Ill probably just bring a poncho then and nock up a simple frame for it. Or sleep on the deck cowboy stylee. :)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Snarf
MartinK9
Andy2112
Davey569
drew (tbc)
Snarfs Sniff
TinkyPete (TBC)

Work permitting I should be able to make this ones as well, was awesome last time round. Glad to hear they'll let us back :)

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi folks, had a word with gordon (farmer) about us using the moated area which although sssi, he's ok with as long as we dont disturb the surface and keep fires off the ground.
this is a lovely little area of grassland segmented by ancient moats with an abundance of trees throughout, ideally spaced for hangers! :) so, in the absence of any objections me myself and him have made an executive decision? and elect we try this area out :)

(plus its a damn site closer to offload gear, parking and bog!)

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
hi folks, had a word with gordon (farmer) about us using the moated area which although sssi, he's ok with as long as we dont disturb the surface and keep fires off the ground.
this is a lovely little area of grassland segmented by ancient moats with an abundance of trees throughout, ideally spaced for hangers! :) so, in the absence of any objections me myself and him have made an executive decision? and elect we try this area out :)

(plus its a damn site closer to offload gear, parking and bog!)

Nice one Steve.

Time for my Lavvu to make an outing to leave some spare space for tree huggers:)

woodspirits
Nolightweight
Twodogs
Snarf
MartinK9
Davey569
drew (tbc)
Snarfs Sniff
TinkyPete (TBC)

Last edited:

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Looks like a pass out for a day visit isn't going to happen now sadly.

Have a great weekend lads.

Just a gentle reminder about me rat packs if you get a chance.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE