North wood meet 16 - 19 december 3 night christmas special

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
same here buddy. nice to have another newbie coming along:)
at least i wont be on me own, lol, we can look daft to gether mate. i'm looking forward to it, its me birthday today, the grand old age of 32. 2 kids, 3 dogs, and one on the way, god i feel older than 32.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
at least i wont be on me own, lol, we can look daft to gether mate. i'm looking forward to it, its me birthday today, the grand old age of 32. 2 kids, 3 dogs, and one on the way, god i feel older than 32.

Happy birthday mate. Look forward to meeting you at the meet.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire

Happy birthday mate! looks like we might be in for a bit of p*ss taking at the meet. im 33 next monday, i've had a good life so if you win the fight you can have my kit:) i'd recommend my legs, most meat on em

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya lee and happy birthday :) you and simon will be made most welcome, chances are its going to be cold so bring accordingly, and when you think you have enough, pack some more!. oh did i mention that newbies have to supply all the cakes at their first meet? :D

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Thanks lads, i have been carp fishing for 20 years, and its what i teach as a second income, so i'm used ti these cold nights , and for staying away for 3 and 4 days at a time, i have recently got the gi sleep system, so i'm looking forward to trying that out, they recon you can go down to minus 40 in it, we will see, i have tried it a few times while out camping in the tent with me brother, and its been to hot if i'm honest, so i think i'm going to try it just under the tarp, have said to me brother that i'm going to try the ground dwelling until the spring, and then give the hammock thing a whirl.
which do you lot pref ere?

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
hey Happy Birthday luckylee and SimonD. i must say i 100% prefer Hammocking im gona try out a cacoon idear i have for winter but if its to cold ill have my tent in the car with single airbed coz if your gona tent it you may as well go all the way for comfort.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
oh yea i forgot to ask who if anybody is doing the xmas meal as i would like to contribute towards it apart from bringing a xmas cake.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
hiya lee and happy birthday :) you and simon will be made most welcome, chances are its going to be cold so bring accordingly, and when you think you have enough, pack some more!. oh did i mention that newbies have to supply all the cakes at their first meet? :D

not a problem. i bake, decorate and sell novelty cakes as a sideline when building's quiet, i'm trying to decide on a design for the meet. atm it's between a tree stump with a knife stuck in or a replica of jonathond's knife in his sig, its just soooo purdy. any suggestions/requests welcome. the cake itself will be chocolate devils food cake ;)

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Who said spare legs ,,,:)

Right Gents a change of plan due to the "out laws" I will only be visiting Sat day for a few hours :(..
However I will be bringing peoples gear , Rations for Steve , Dutch ovens for Chad , Bowl and kuksa for Neil , Vulcan for Shaggy,Stove for K9 ( blag stove pipe section from K9:cool:) am sure theres something else???? for some one :confused: ...

1. Woodspirits
2. JonathanD ( from Thur & means I get a Decorum free day )
3. shaggystu + gemma (from the thursday, see above)
4. MartinK9 ( arriving sometime Sat)
5. Sasquatch (Friday-Sunday)
6. Andy2112 (arriving Sat am)
7. Nolightweight
8. Twodogs (Sat day only :( )
9. Tank (1 night TBC)
10. SimonD (arrive fri pm)
11. Karl82 (from thursday)
12. TinkyPete
13. Muddy Boots (landing Thursday Midday).
14. knifefan
15. IntrepidStu
16. Cliv
17. Istvan
18. Snarf (Thursday to Sunday)
19. andy t (tbc)
20. rychard
21. decorum (Friday to Sunday)
22. Davey569 (poss +1)
23. luckylee.

Last edited:

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Wig wham bam don't forget it if you can

Wham bam bam stick me lavvu in your van.

Ok so technically it's a Volvo but ya catch my drift baby!

Ello newbies.

Your in for a good meet.

No hammocking for me this time.

No intention of being a frozen dead bloke tied to a tree.

The life raft is making it's last appearance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE