North Wood January 2021

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
A nice bright frosty day, thought i would check out the work situation at North Wood. Anybody recognise this old fella? :) seems he may survive the chainsaw after all. Talking to the foreman, the woodcutting team were reluctant to destroy such a fine old Yew, and plans are afoot to try and work around it along with a couple of Ash tree's.

DSC05414 by woodspirit_carving, on Flickr

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Nice photo Steve.
Sounds like the team up there are taking quite a sympathetic approach to the Woods.
I hope some of the spirit of the place still remains

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Nice photo Steve.
Sounds like the team up there are taking quite a sympathetic approach to the Woods.
I hope some of the spirit of the place still remains
Still nice, the old camp is right on the edge of the cut line, i did enquire about usage with the farmer but its all in the hands of a land agent acting for the railway, so no hope. we will make Lords Wood comfortable given time.

Reactions: Muddy Boots

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
indeed, send in a 360 and a couple of dump trucks, a couple of passes with a big blade and there you have it, two days and done! On the upside, i did come away with a handful of Bluebell bulbs sticking out of the cut line. :)

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
A nice bright frosty day, thought i would check out the work situation at North Wood. Anybody recognise this old fella? :) seems he may survive the chainsaw after all. Talking to the foreman, the woodcutting team were reluctant to destroy such a fine old Yew, and plans are afoot to try and work around it along with a couple of Ash tree's.

DSC05414 by woodspirit_carving, on Flickr
I slung my Hammock underneath that tree.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE