North Wood February 27 - 1 March pictures!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
well that was a brilliant meet! after an 8 month lay off, what a start to this year. :) our planned project of a wind break around the communal got off to a great start on Friday with just a few of us, but an influx of helpers on Saturday saw it fly up! perhaps not the textbook way, but it works well. :) of course we also had our bushy car boot on the Saturday too, with many great bargains and a variety of kit. the evening was a bit of a Bannock bake off! different methods and recipes were tried and the results eaten, very nice. the youngsters found a queen hornet over wintering in a rotting log, these guys have a bad press, they are reluctant to sting and bite unless provoked!

all in all the meet was well attended and appreciated by all after the long lay off, it was a real pleasure to bring the wood alive again with banter, laughter and the sound of work parties with many familiar faces and a few new ones too. :)

anyway, here are (quite) a few pictures .....

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That was awesome, thanks to all who attended. Seeing the silhouette of the woods in the dark and driving up Friday evening was like finding that old pair of slippers under the bed and pulling them on to a feeling of familiar bliss. Joseph and I had a fantastic time thanks to everyone's hospitality, many thanks. Bannock was great, cheers lads for making it and sharing. It must be close to a year since I've been here, what a pleasure to be back! Cheers Steve

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Wow, most excellent :) those hurdles are cracking, bet the brash pile is smaller, a much better use of it :)

Bannocks look super too :) was Martin in the camo hot tarp tent?

hi Sally, :) yes martin was in the camo hot tent, I think those wind breaks make it a little cosier of an evening around the fire and they are handy for hanging stuff on! the bannocks tasted good and it was interesting to see the differing methods. thank you for that lovely coaster too, excellent leather work :cool:

Last edited:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Thanks to Steve for organising the meet and a massive shout out to Two Dogs for getting me there. :)

Thanks to everyone there it helped me a lot getting back into the woods after a far to long absence and all the chats we had.

The bannock was outstanding and I have come away with more ideas on future methods and added ingredients to my base :)

Was a great relax even if it was too short but I am back and more woods time to be had :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE