north wood feb 2011 pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
another brilliant meet at north wood with some great guys. :D

thanks to all those who helped out with the clearing project, we managed to create quite a few more spaces for hangers or ground dwellers without any real noticable difference to the wood! i hope the 'newbies' enjoyed theirselves great bunch of lads who are welcome back anytime :)

this will be an ongoing project throughout the coming year for those who are interested in joining our little work party, not every meet of course! :eek: anyway, heres a few more pictures to add to martink9 and wolfcrafter's contribution. i wont add tags, theres so many it would take ages the pics will tell the story...

001-1.jpg

060.jpg

064.jpg

062.jpg

059.jpg

063.jpg

051.jpg

057.jpg

056.jpg

058.jpg

045-1.jpg

048.jpg

046-1.jpg

039-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

043.jpg

040.jpg

035.jpg

044.jpg

036-1.jpg

037.jpg

033.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

027-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

021.jpg

019-1.jpg

022.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

003.jpg

002-1.jpg

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
A great Meet with new and old faces.

Some good work done in the wood to assist the owner and open up some more pitches for future Meets.

Thanks to Steve for organising once again.

Pics:

Cliff and Addo on the chainsaws:

cliffchainsaw3.jpg

addochainsaw.jpg

Neil Checking the load of cut wood for the owner:

neilquad.jpg

Delivery boy:

neilquad2.jpg

Clearing the offcuts:

clearupburn2.jpg

clearupburn.jpg

clearupburn3.jpg

clearupburn7.jpg

Might as well have a brew:

brewon.jpg

And another off to a new home:

sellingkm.jpg

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
thanks for posting, looks like you all had a great weekend, sorry i couldn't make it.

stuart

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks for sharing the pics, and thanks to Steve for putting this on. It was a great atmosphere and it was great to see everybody new and old.

Chad

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Yep - another great time meeting new and old folk, and surviving without life’s mod cons. Special thanks to Steve for arranging it for us - and for his joint efforts with Neil at getting me to light a fire in an organised way, and to Tim for the jerry can stove.

For me, helping to clear the wood was a good opportunity to help put something back after all the advice and tips I’ve had over the past few years

And thanks to all those who helped give my car a push to get it out of the mud!! I would never have managed on my own!

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Yarp. Cracking pics. Great meet.

Cheers for organising it, Steve. Thanks to all that gave some time and effort to help out with the clearing work.

Good to see the guys again and meet some new faces.

Roll on the next one....

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Nice pics of the North Wood "Bush Gang"! "Bush Gang," kinda like a "chain gang" but for clearing wood and brush. It is also fitting here on BushcraftUK. :D It looks as though a needed service was provided for the landowner and a nice bennie for the 'crafters. Nice work! I saw some bangers and beans and a brew kettle or two. Must have been Sergeant Major's Mess lite?

Gordy

Last edited:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great pictures guys, doesn't Neil look a happy boy :) Thanks again everyone for a great meet.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
thanks for a great weekend guys. another great meet Steve thanks for organising. Sorry I could not make it for the hard work. can't wait for the next one.

also big thanks to MartinK9 for saving our dinner with a packet naan bread. can't have a curry with our rice or naan bread, can u andy2112 lol.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice pics of the North Wood "Bush Gang"! "Bush Gang," kinda like a "chain gang" but for clearing wood and brush. It is also fitting here on BushcratUK. :D It looks as though a needed service was provided for the landowner and a nice bennie for the 'crafters. Nice work! I saw some bangers and beans and a brew kettle or two. Must have been Sergeant Major's Mess lite?

Gordy

Gordy,

Yep, clearing the space provided wood for the owner, wood for us, some areas were set aside for the wildlife and it also cleared the area for some pitches for future use. Everyone wins. :)

Not my scoff, but it was my kettle in the burning scrub. Boiled quick too :lmao:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
What a great meet was good to see all the old hands and meet the newbees had a good time, big thanks to Steve for organising it. thanks for the pics guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE