North Wood extended meet, 30th June - 8th July 2012 country fair and barn dance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
change of dates

after discussion at the last NW meet, it seems there is support for an extended meet at this one. so... hence the new thread title it will run a full week before the farm event thats Saturday to the following Sunday for those who want it.

steve

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1. indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste :)

1. woodspirits...............carving
2. NLW....................... I'll think of something
3. MartinK9................. General lethargy and tea making.
4. Twodogs .................K9s helper
5. Sasquatch & Joseph...knifemaking an ting
6. Priam +1 (TBC)..........I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.
7.Karl82...................... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
9. Bodge + Adam ......... Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.
(subject to not being on holiday)
10. cowboy and cowgirl (Ill have a think on something i can contribute!)
11. andy t.
12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter)
13. tinkypete....TBC
14. Turbogirl and Youngling... I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good
15. lucklee. ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.
16. SimonD... I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve
17. shaggystu and gemma (TBC) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun), or a bit of plant ID maybe?
18. Muddy Boots - Bird watching
19. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?
20. PREPER - tbc - I'll think of something other than making empty Stella cans from full ones!

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1. indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste :)

1. woodspirits...............carv ing
6. Priam +1 (TBC)..........I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.
7.Karl82 (30th June leave depending)........... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
9. Bodge + Adam ......... Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
14. Turbogirl and Youngling... I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good
15. lucklee. ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.
16. SimonD... I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve
17. shaggystu and gemma (TBC) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun), or a bit of plant ID maybe?
19. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?
20. PREPER - tbc - I'll think of something other than making empty Stella cans from full ones!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Many thanks for the extra days Steve. :)

3. MartinK9.................(30th June - 8 Jul) General lethargy and tea making.
7.Karl82 (30th June leave depending)........... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
just a bit of new info, also on post 1 :)

misc.jpg

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Oh - f**** - one time I can guarantee to be in the UK and it coincides with my daughter's wedding! Have fun folks....

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
Sooo looking forward to this as weekends are just too short. Steve do you know which part of the wood we will be in?

8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
21. Johnnyboy1971. Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile. 29 june to 6 july maybe the 8th

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1.

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste :)

3. MartinK9.................(30th June - 8 Jul) General lethargy and tea making.
8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
21. Johnnyboy1971. Traditional lazyness and guarding the woodpile.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hope to get atleast one of the weekends off of work... hmmm the cogs are whiring.

8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
22. Dwardo, Bowyery, fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Count me in for the weekend of the 30th! Is it o.k. to get there on the fri nite? The 29th I think?

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

3. MartinK9.................(29th June - 8 Jul) General lethargy and tea making.
8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
22. Dwardo, Bowyery, fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools
23.jimbo75... (29-01)

Last edited:

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge

indicate on the meet list your probable day of arrival just to keep track, and include this line in the paste

3. MartinK9.................(29th June - 8 Jul) General lethargy and tea making.
8. Cliv
11. andy t.
12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter) (Probably Friday 6th - 8th)
13. tinkypete....TBC
22. Dwardo, Bowyery, fletching and how to miss with style (providing we have a safe target and permission) Need to think about staves and tools
23.jimbo75... (29-01)

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
An all week meet! am i reading that correctly :)

Finally a meet i can make, I am going to book the week off with SWMBO and coming in the week :) It will be my first time out this year!! I hate my wife working weekend.

Will confirm soon as i can.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
An all week meet! am i reading that correctly :)

Will confirm soon as i can.

Indeed you are, and yes it is :)

8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
its been a while...:) just a little bump

8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
23.jimbo75... (29-01)
24. Tank (TBC)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE