North Wood Christmas meet 16-18 December 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Yea it's bring your own food will. sometimes the odd person will do a group meal but I don't think anyone has one planned for this one.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Oh - and if I remember to pack them tonight, I'll be bringing along a couple of Tinny's (minibull Design) alcohol burners if anyone hasn't seen them. These are a tad pricey, but the quality is brilliant, and I want to try out the remote fuellers for them in conjunction with the Crusader and SAT kit. If it works ok in the latter, I might try to make a stew in it. Now all I need for that is some oxtails!

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Sorry but may have to pull out of this one, which I'm gutted about, because I have some good news to celebrate with you all.
willynillycopy1.gif

sorry to hear that Gary, its been a while since you were down here, not sure what your developments are, but it sounds favourable :D

Will be arriving Saturday morning, is it bring your own food??

Will.

glad you can make it Will, are you still a plus 1?. as for food, always bring enough supplies for your stay. occasionally there will be a communal meal but its normally pre arranged.

steve

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Nah - packing should always be left until just before you absolutely have to leave - it them becomes a delightful magical mystery tour of making do with all the wrong stuff:)

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I should hopefully be down tomorrow afternoon, that is if I get on the right train! :lmao:

Steve, do you know the number for a local taxi near water orton? Ive got a map but reckon its a fair way with all the kit.

WombleWill

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2011
Wigston, Leicestershire
glad you can make it Will, are you still a plus 1?. as for food, always bring enough supplies for your stay. occasionally there will be a communal meal but its normally pre arranged.
steve

yeah I'm still +1, looking forward to it! Will meet some great people and some new skills ;)
All the best and a safe journey to all those travelling
Will

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
ok given the recent and forcast weather, theres going to be a change of pitch on this meet. driving to our normal parking will be nigh on impossible, the grounds sodden. and rather than cart winter kit all the way through the wood we will now camp at upper north wood, see map link post 1. drop off kit and return your vehicle to CP1.

in addition,those who want to pitch on the newly cleared area by the moats, fine. those who would rather pitch on grass may use the SSSi site, strictly no surface disturbance though.

steve

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
ok given the recent and forcast weather, theres going to be a change of pitch on this meet. driving to our normal parking will be nigh on impossible, the grounds sodden. and rather than cart winter kit all the way through the wood we will now camp at upper north wood, see map link post 1. drop off kit and return your vehicle to CP1.

in addition,those who want to pitch on the newly cleared area by the moats, fine. those who would rather pitch on grass may use the SSSi site, strictly no surface disturbance though.

steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve. :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I have a defender and tow rope incase of problems, can be the last one out if you want to make sure we don't have any unforeseen stick-in-the-muds :) Will, when you see the country golf ball we 3 are cramming into the 3 front seats, you'll prob be hoping that all the others will be saving their travelling wishes for us ;) If your bags/ tent is newish, I'd bring em in dustbin liners as I've not valeted this un yet...

*Soooo excited, I need a slap with a wet lettuce!!!!*

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
just to say, that i will be popping in saturday, as i have some stuff for clive, but will have to get back, i'm chocka at the min, and need to get the rest of the orders done.
take care.
and ill see you in the morning.
lee.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Steve, many thanks for another great Meet.

Thanks also for supplying a communal cover and the chainsaw to quickly chop the wood required. Although forecast for deep snow, none was forthcoming. Maybe next time.

Nice to see some new faces as well, hope we didn't scare you off.

To those who couldn't make it, you were all missed.

To the regulars, as always; a pleasure to see you all again.

To the regulars and newbies, wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Thanks Steve for another great meet, good to see everyone, can't wait for the next one,

PREPER........... :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks to Steve and everyone for another great meet! Good stuff and Merry Christmas to you.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE