north wood centenary meet July 2012 MORE PICS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
well that was a very unusual and varied meet!

it made a nice change from our usual meets and itinery, and especially so when 'normal' people ventured the muddy paths to peer at the primitives. :D

in fairness they were genuinely interested in what we were up to, and they came by the dozens!, it was a pleasure to see our guys impart their knowledge in such a friendly and patient way. (Lee?) i think karl and Co did a fine job with the various fire starting methods, our visitors seemed very impressed. i think we may have a few converts and future 'crafters too. :D

the farm celebrations were well recieved by some of our guys, especially the beer tent! they staggered or crawled back in the early hours, well exept one, he never made it back at all untill the morning :p

special thanks to luckylee for bringing in all the basic tools to demonstrate a sheath making tutorial, i can see why his work is top notch, he's very particular!.

thanks to one and all for your support at North Wood :cool:

anyway, here i am waffling away,heres a few pics ...

my pitch

northwoodjunecentenarymeet001.jpg

commumal areas

129.jpg

132.jpg

130.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

143.jpg

142.jpg

some of our visitors having a tour around :)

149.jpg

148.jpg

147.jpg

a huge variety of firelighting methods being demo'd

146.jpg

145.jpg

144.jpg

150.jpg

a definate candidate no shoes?... no bother! :)

Untitled-2.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

152.jpg

had a wander down the farm

155.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

157.jpg

161.jpg

131.jpg

133.jpg

bit of skill sharing :)

134.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
no worries Aaron be great to have you attend one of our meets sometime, if you need a pitch on your way to the moot, just sing out mate.
oh re pic, i'm the old geezer asleep on the other pic thread! :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
They're lovely, Steve! I think it's going to take me till October to stop buzzing after such a lovely meet (and scratching too, feckin mozzies ;)) The barefoot lass and her man were soooo nice.... infact every Joe and Joesse who made it down were charming folks, the mud filtered them out along the way I s'pose ;)

BTW Did anyone get a shot of the Mud Angel track?!!!!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Am I the only one who was expecting Goth Bushcraft after misreading the title as 'North Wood Cemetery meet' ? :D

Looks like it was a blast though (lack of matt black attire and asymmetrical fringes notwithstanding!)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Well im back finally. Firstly a big thanks to Steve for the organising of a fantastic week long meet. I feel so alien now im back in the real world. Why oh why did it have to end.
Huge thanks to everyone who attended and made the place feel like home even if some people did releive me of more money than i intended to spend( cheers Martin your a life saver). Saturday night was a right laugh from what i remember.

Now the bad bit. After doing silly tricks and four hours in A+E this morning it looks like i have torn the muscle in my thigh and now have it heavily strapped, gonna have to rest up for the next few weeks before i can start to exercise it so chair bound with just the damn tv for company.

Really looking forward to the next meet.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Great pictures Steve, such a shame i couldnt stay for longer and catch up with the crowd. Thanks to the guys that i did see however and for making cowgirl so welcome. :You_Rock_

Biker

Great pictures Steve, such a shame i couldnt stay for longer and catch up with the crowd. Thanks to the guys that i did see however and for making cowgirl so welcome. :You_Rock_

Sheeesh so many names there I've come to know and I just need faces put to them now.

Ok point yourself out Pardner, assuming you're in any of the pix of course. Thanks.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
...After doing silly tricks and four hours in A+E this morning it looks like i have torn the muscle in my thigh and now have it heavily strapped...
It was worth it for us to hear the priceless quote, 'I was doing splits in the bikers barn last night'... my imagination went into overdrive ;)

How did your A&E visit go back in the Shire, Martin? Still regretting not letting us operate in the woodlands rather than relying on the NHS?!

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Martin, John and Tinky hope you all feel well. Saturday night was indeed a good one John you need to be more care doing the splits.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Well im really looking forward to the next meet. Think i might just move in permanently as i sleep better there and feel much more relaxed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE