North Wood Bluebell Meet April 26-28 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
just to confirm, thursday get in is fine. anyone not sure of procedures see neil, martin, john or mike. after just speaking to gordon it would seem the access track to cp3 is dry and useable. i will go down on wednesday to assess and will update thread.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
​It's nearly the weekend!!! Wooohoooo!!!!! Can't wait for some woodland time with old freinds and new :)

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste.

1. woodspirits, fri-sun

2. Bare Thrills Thu-sun
3. Johnnyboy1971, Thursday-?
4. SimonD (possibly Fri)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. Teepee fri-sun
7. Turbogirl Fri-Sun (& Youngling Fri after school-Sun )
8. Bushcraftsman (Fri- Sun)
9. Andy BB (TBC)
10. udamiano (Fri-Sun)
11. Cowboy (Satr and Sun)
12. TinkyPete (TBC)
13. MartinK9(Thurs - Sun)
14. Elen Sentier (Fri-Sun - the feet are going to work this time !!!)
15. Priam (Fri-Sun)
16. MJM1 (Thurs-Sun)
17. Preper (Fri-Sun)
18. Bodge + Adam (days tbc)
19. Cliv (tbc)
20. Sasquatch + Joseph tbc
21. dave53 tbc
22. red fox tbc
23. NLW
24. briantrubshaw (Fri - Sun)
25. essgee23 +2 mini ones, sat and sun- but will confirm
26. Dobson442 (fri-sun)
27. The Viking Mistress (Fri-Sun) TBC
28. Twodogs ( Sat Arrive )
29. Rev G (Fri-Sun)
30. lucky lee (fri/sun)
31. TheNative (fri/sun)[/QUOTE]
32. Jacko1066 (thu-sun)
33. Tore2610 ( sat-sun )

Not sure if 27. VM (Michelle) is confirmed as yet... hubby unlikely to make it as its his wingmans birthday and he lost last monday to 'hanging hard'...not, unfortunately, either a euphemism for a well set up hammock experience or a viable excuse for claiming on the life insurance ;) My other guest is unlikely to come too, dogsitting probs :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Im really looking forward to it now. I will be hanging for the first time. Should give everyone a laugh lol

Hahahahahaha. Will get it over with now.
Hanging is great Paul, if you can get comfy you will sleep like the dead. Also the rocking motion is nice and relaxing.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Looks like temps dropping to 0/-1 on Fri/Sat night, with rain on both days.......

So bring some warm gear, just in case!

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
It's nearly the weekend!!! Wooohoooo!!!!! Can't wait for some woodland time with old freinds and new

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste.

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. Bare Thrills Thu-sun
4. SimonD (possibly Fri)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. Teepee fri-sun
9. Andy BB (TBC)
10. udamiano (Fri-Sun)
12. TinkyPete (TBC)
15. Priam (Fri-Sun)
16. MJM1 (Thurs-Sun)
17. Preper (Fri-Sun)
19. Cliv (tbc)
21. dave53 tbc
22. red fox tbc
23. NLW
26. Dobson442 (fri-sun)
29. Rev G (Fri-Sun)
30. lucky lee (fri/sun)
32. Jacko1066 (thu-sun)
33. Tore2610 ( sat-sun )

Not sure if 27. VM (Michelle) is confirmed as yet... hubby unlikely to make it as its his wingmans birthday and he lost last monday to 'hanging hard'...not, unfortunately, either a euphemism for a well set up hammock experience or a viable excuse for claiming on the life insurance My other guest is unlikely to come too, dogsitting probs

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
...the rocking motion is nice and relaxing.
I rest my staff against the hammock so if I wake with the dawn chorus, I can reach out and rock myself to sleep again :) It took a few nights before I got into waking to roll over but then, I'm in a homemade hammock and its prob not as good as the bought variety. It's truly wonderful when there are rivulets running beneath you... as long as its not directly beneath you in the hammock from weeping down a continuous sling from hammock to trees ;) Apparently a sacrificial sock tied along it can help form a drip release but the carabiner mod has saved me so far.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I rest my staff against the hammock so if I wake with the dawn chorus, I can reach out and rock myself to sleep again :) It took a few nights before I got into waking to roll over but then, I'm in a homemade hammock and its prob not as good as the bought variety. It's truly wonderful when there are rivulets running beneath you... as long as its not directly beneath you in the hammock from weeping down a continuous sling from hammock to trees ;) Apparently a sacrificial sock tied along it can help form a drip release but the carabiner mod has saved me so far.

That staff idea is inspired sal!!!

I think I'm gonna give that a go myself this weekend!!!

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'm guessing the mossies will be waking up seeing as we've actually had some sun for a couple of days!

I'll be bringing along a few stoves if anyone wants to have a play. Just got a Primus Etapower EF 2013 model which will take pride of place - going to try it out with liquid fuel, so watch out for the odd fireball! (The pan now has a ceramic non-stick, ratther than the titanium non-stick used in previous years) Also got a genuine Kovea (as opposed to the chinese clones) and a Japanese liquid/canister gas fuel jobbie sold by Brunton as a Lander - both of which actually look better-made than the Primus Omnifuel I've now fitted into a Trangia.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. Bare Thrills Thu-sun
4. SimonD (possibly Fri)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. Teepee fri-sun
9. Andy BB (TBC)
10. udamiano (Fri-Sun)
12. TinkyPete (TBC)
15. Priam (Fri-Sun)
16. MJM1 (Thurs-Sun)
17. Preper (Fri-Sun)
19. Cliv (tbc)
21. dave53 tbc
22. red fox tbc
23. NLW
26. Dobson442 (fri-sun)
29. Rev G (Fri-Sun)
30. lucky lee (fri/sun)
32. Jacko1066 (thu-sun)

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
if anyone has some press studs that are suitable for 3 to 4 mm thick leather i could do with one or two don't want to buy a bag full if anyone has some spare just let me know what you want for them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE