North Wood 28-30 June 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yeahhhh RIGHT, as if I'd trust you, you're one of the worst offenders for naughty tricks!!!! Ah go on then. If I'm not back, send out the rescue dogs with a flask of mind bleach.....

Goodness, I survived.... ;)
Bodger— adj
1. informal ( Austral ) worthless or second-rate.
(Yup, that sums me up neatly!)
2. a labourer who traditionally lived and worked in the forest, making chairs from felling trees (But I'm hoping this ones the applicable context :rolleyes:)

try this :D ...
Bodging is a traditional wood-turning craft, using green (unseasoned) wood to create cylindrical wooden woodturning via a traditional...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodger

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
im not quite sure what Matt has in mind, but it wont be a pole lathe. perhaps some simple non turned rustic furniture?
I'm quite glad its NOT a pole lathe after all the frenzied spinning I've been doing lately, talk about a busmans holiday ;)

Elen, if you have a sewing machine, would you like me to bring my Ed Speers book, he describes the materials and weights really well? Then you might be able to pattern whatever inspires you, perfect it for you and make it :) Is it the Hennesy that has the foot box? Wayland and Udamiano were looking closely at the design of BareThrills but I didn't catch the make and avoid project based conversations, I just get jealous ;)

MMmmmmm Rev!!!! Your bit of our crosspost sounds glorious!! May I suck a wee bit, I'm not a huge chilli lass but I'd love a taste :)

Elen Sentier

Elen, if you have a sewing machine, would you like me to bring my Ed Speers book, he describes the materials and weights really well? Then you might be able to pattern whatever inspires you, perfect it for you and make it :) Is it the Hennesy that has the foot box? Wayland and Udamiano were looking closely at the design of BareThrills but I didn't catch the make and avoid project based conversations, I just get jealous ;)

Sal, I do have a sewing machine and a look at the Ed Speers book would be very helpful (ta muchley) so I can understand better what it's all about. I doubt I'll actually make one though as it's quite painful on the hands doing sewing, even with a machine, and I want one that really works not a botch-up by me! It's something I will get money for :).

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
just been looking online to find a bit more about it, there were a couple of camp furniture makes in the bushcraft mag lately.... anyways, found a nice looking little blog of a woodland village, the sugan chairs look good :) and the wood and fibre cabin walls are MOST interesting to glampers like moi!

When you talk of shelter building, would there be a possibility to make something semi-permanent on the south side, like the proper european traditional wood laavus? I't be a wonderful communal for those -14 degree meets ;)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I doubt I'll actually make one though as it's quite painful on the hands doing sewing, even with a machine...
There is a LOT of seaming but it is mostly straight.... but as someone who has DIY ones, I would strongly suggest that the comfort of a proper one would be a really wise sleep investment ;)

Pauls is indeed the warbonnet.... oh and on the camp furniture front, have you seen the pdf of the old Woodsmans book? And theres a nice axe-only camp chair on this blog too, is that more the thing we're aiming for, Steve? :)

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
3. Johnnyboy1971 +1 maybe 2
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
6. Elen Sentier (fri-Sunday)
7. Priam (Friday - Sunday + if available)
8. Spud (29th) evening tbc
9. TinkyPete (tbc due to work and other things)
10. essgee23 +1 or maybe +2 littluns, whole weekend
11. Turbogirl (fri- sun hopefully!)
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc)
15. Ben and i would like to come to this meet.
16. Wanderinstar & Fishaben
17. cowboy

TheNative

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
The Frontier
www.youtube.com
1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc)
17. cowboy
18. TheNative + guest fri-sun

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Bit of shelter building sounds like fun to me ;) and I would quite like to learn a few tips about wood spirit carving too Steve, If that's ok? I have been meaning to ask after seeing the one you gave to hamish! Cheers Guys!

1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc)
17. cowboy
19. brian trubshaw

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc)
17. cowboy
19. going to try me best.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi brian, the only thing missing on the shelter build will be ferns for the roof, there arnt any! but we can build a frame anyway. re carving if you have one of those cheap gouge sets bring it along and well do some finger sized greenmen. :cool:

hello SB :D

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste

just out of interest, are 15 and 16 one and the same?

1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc)
17. cowboy
19. brian trubshaw
20. luckylee tbc

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE