North Wood 28-30 June 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hoping to make it.. Prob just fri night and all day sat.. If I can get the fri off, is it possible to turn up Thursday eve?

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
3. Johnnyboy1971
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
6. Elen Sentier (fri-Sunday)
7. Priam (Friday - Sunday + if available)
8. Spud (29th) evening tbc
9. TinkyPete (tbc due to work and other things)
10. essgee23 +1 or maybe +2 littluns, whole weekend
11. Turbogirl (fri- sun hopefully!)
12. Preper tbc
14. Jimbo

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Hoping to make it.. Prob just fri night and all day sat.. If I can get the fri off, is it possible to turn up Thursday eve?

14. Jimbo

thursday evening should be fine, im guessing there might be others for early doors?

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
3. Johnnyboy1971
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I am still hoping to make this meet as it is my Birthday meet and I am ageing nicely if a little broken.

I am also at present doing some adventuring training with the army down on the Pembrokeshire coast in an old haunt called Castle Martin, and I can safely say the will garlic is out enforce, and I am collecting some. does anyone want some?

There are banks of it around the area and it is a garlic lovers paradise.

Elen Sentier

I am still hoping to make this meet as it is my Birthday meet and I am ageing nicely if a little broken.

I am also at present doing some adventuring training with the army down on the Pembrokeshire coast in an old haunt called Castle Martin, and I can safely say the will garlic is out enforce, and I am collecting some. does anyone want some?

There are banks of it around the area and it is a garlic lovers paradise.

Yes please ... ours is all gone over now and would love to make a soup!

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.

1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
3. Johnnyboy1971
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc)

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
I've aquired a number of 'resin' bear claws and eagle claws, they are very good copies of the real thing, would any of you guys coming along be interested in trading for some, if so I'll bring them with me, I've drilled and ringed some of them ready to go on a thong or however you want to attach them.

Rev G

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
just thought id give this thread a shake before it falls off the perch completely! :rolleyes:

so... what are we up to on this meet, any ideas or suggestions? im going to be doing a bit of clearance work, feel free to join in. lots of timber to be had for any projects, how about a shelter build? or some latticed panels, seats benches or tables? seems a shame to just burn it all... so come on you lot, wake up! and get your thinking caps on. unless you just want to listen to the grass grow...:D

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

just thought id give this thread a shake before it falls off the perch completely! :rolleyes:

so... what are we up to on this meet, any ideas or suggestions? im going to be doing a bit of clearance work, feel free to join in. lots of timber to be had for any projects, how about a shelter build? or some latticed panels, seats benches or tables? seems a shame to just burn it all... so come on you lot, wake up! and get your thinking caps on. unless you just want to listen to the grass grow...:D

Listening to the grass grow is always good :). A shelter-build sounds very good. I'd like help with carving - sticks or spoons if anyone wants to take me on as a "project".

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
...I'd like help with carving - sticks or spoons if anyone wants to take me on as a "project".
Seems to me that whenever someones latest project appears around the communal- confused look on its owners face not always neccesary!- there's suddenly folk all around that fire with helpful ideas, a bit of chat and banter and everything works out nicely :) Don't listen to anything I have to say on the subject of spoons, though, I only know how to fill and empty them orally ;)

I'd like to toddle around behind the workparty, helping out where I can, please :) And if anyones making furniture, feel free to rope me in as a labourer, I'd love to help out with that :)

Last edited:

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Ben & I would like to come to this meet. 1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
3. Johnnyboy1971
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc) Ben & I would like to come to this meet.
15 Wanderinstar & Fishaben

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
3. Johnnyboy1971
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc)
15. Ben and i would like to come to this meet.
16. Wanderinstar & Fishaben

Just a little tidy up :eek:.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
I would be well up for doing some Bodging and shelter building! :) (Ill bring my scotch orgur along with me!) ..OH and Steve, ill bring my carving kit with me if you wouldn't mind helping me out with my first wood spirit? :D That would make my weekend if i would bring one home with me to finish off!!

This meet cant come quick anuf..... :D

1. woodspirits fri-sun
2. Karl82
3. Johnnyboy1971
4. Rev G
5. NLW Days TBC
12. Preper tbc
13. jimbo75 thur-sat tbc
14. Andy t (tbc)
15. Ben and i would like to come to this meet.
16. Wanderinstar & Fishaben
17. cowboy

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya Matt,

i dont think anyone has built a shelter at NW, so yes lets try it if you want, if we have time we could have a knock at bodging too, i have various hand tools i could bring in. a woodspirit is going to take a couple of hours but by all means bring in your gear and we'll have a go. anybody else want to join in? :D

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
What is 'Bodging', please, in a bushcraft sense? Last time I was told to look something up on Urban Dictionary, I regretted it deeply.... but I trust you, Elen, for a sane and respectable answer ;)

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Here's the clean answer Sal... :lmao:
Yeahhhh RIGHT, as if I'd trust you, you're one of the worst offenders for naughty tricks!!!! Ah go on then. If I'm not back, send out the rescue dogs with a flask of mind bleach.....

Goodness, I survived.... ;)
Bodger— adj
1. informal ( Austral ) worthless or second-rate.
(Yup, that sums me up neatly!)
2. a labourer who traditionally lived and worked in the forest, making chairs from felling trees (But I'm hoping this ones the applicable context :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE