North West people

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Hi all
Thanks for your interest, like stated previously I have access to a small ( maybe 8 acre wood) close to me. I am limiting the amount of people who use it though, for several reasons 1) its not mine and I dont own it, I and everyone else who goes are there by someone elses good grace 2) People with shotguns go into the wood and if its not managed through theres a danger someone could end up hurt or worse.

Having said that theres one other thing, a small amount of money. There will be a small charge for going and using this wood, now I will pay that all upfront but visitors/ inviteees might want to contribute a small amount ( say £5, the cost of two pints in the local ) but this is not obligatory. Theres work to be done in the wood for me personally to make it how I want it, eventually I hope to be teaching bushcraft there to youngsters, but it is a wood and its useable for bushcraft with no restrictions.

To the folk who have pm'd me, your welcome to come, just let me know when etc etc, theres still a few spaces left, so if theres anyone else out there???????????

Mr Strop

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Just a quick update.
Going up to see the wood this afternoon and go for a good walk around with the owner. Have also got permission to dig a latreen and to make a decent sized gypsy well. Anyone think of anything else that isnt quite the usual that I need to ask for?

Mr Strop

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Depends on what the owner thinks is usual I guess - he might not anticipate fires, trapping/snares, bow hunting - I don't know - just thinking off the top of my head.

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Fires......fine
Trapping and snares.....he hates squirrels and rabbits
Bow Hunting......theres Dear in the wood, but it would nice if they stayed there, so target shooting only

I guess if theres anythign else we can cover it as it arises

Mr Strop

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Ah, fair enough, didn't know that. Not done it. Don't intend to try it. Just saw a thread title and anticipated that if I was a land owner I wouldn't be expecting it on my land. Thanks for clarifying though.

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Just to re-stress, this is to be a bushcrafting wood. The other things that we can do there are purely optional........ example being this isnt a wood for anyone to get all wild and primative in and run around with a huge machete screaming how the aliens made him do it, its a wood with the esscence of this community at its heart, and from the people who have shown an interest ( most of whom I have met or at least talked to sensibly) then this isnt going to become any more of an issue

Mr Strop

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Right
Today I went for a wander around the wood.
Its not going to be the easiest of woods to work in, it is on a bit of a slope, but there is a nice mix of clearings and denser woods, plenty of places for hammocks etc etc.

I'm going up on Wednesday for an explore, a bit of a fire and a think of how things will work out. If anyone is around and want to join me feel free.

Mr Strop

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE