North West Cheshire / Chester West folk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Any folk on here from around that area? I'm really look at wanting to go out and bivvy up but can't for the life of me think of places to go, I know there is Delamere Forest and Daresbury Firs but anyone got any hidden gems they can share?

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
Lister, welcome. I am in warrington and also on the lookout. Got 2 lads who i would love to get into wild camping but i think you have to be creative around the delamere area. Must be somewhere quiet to go in cheshire!

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
unfortunatly there arnt many places around the NW that you can stay all weekend, i usually just go for the evening -overnight - early morning around the woolston eyes area, 30 mins walk from any residential area but still only a few hundred yards from a footpath

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
I miss Cheshire, my place of birth. I've got great memories of Delamere forest, I even found a couple of roman coins there, which were promptly nicked by my school as they were found on a field trip.

I never heard about them ever again, I distinctly remember asking the teacher who denied all knowledge, the blatant lie blew my child head. Adults don't lie....having grown up with a better perspective now.....yeah, they do.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
if you dont mind paying for a campsite gwerdy lakes is good (reason you can have a fire and there is a wood you can bimble around and collect birch pine resin etc and do a spot of fishing) but other than that there is not much about but its not to far to snowdonia / lake district for wild camping assuming you have a vehicle.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
camping camping isn't an issue for me, got about 4 campsites local (QCW / Forest Camp being 2 scouty ones, £3.50 ph/pn so nice and cheap) but i'd love to just hike up to a foresty bit and bivvy up.

kpeter20, we'll have to put our heads together and think of something!

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Lister, do you get access to qcw through the scouts or do you just pay for access?

bit of both, you can go there overnight for £4 pppn or if you just want to visit the place for the day it's 60p (non-scouting rates) personally between QCW and Forest Camp, i'd take Forest Camp (bigger forested areas & lakes/ponds), that said QCW is fine for overnighting and just doing bushcrafty things, Forest Camp is better for dog walkers or those that want to float a boat/canoe/kayak.

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
Thanks lister, the reason i ask is because i emailed qcw about using their land for camping with the kids. Their reply was that i could not because im not a member of the scout movement. I used to be but not for the last 15 years!

Do you have contacts or did i speak with the wrong person?

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I'm sure that Non-SA people can use QCW, I can't see a reason why they can't. The booking secretary is Tracey Burgess, is that who you spoke to? When did you email them? If QCW won't let you, Forest Camp will happily accommodate you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE