North of England campsites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
Does anyone have any recommended campsites in the North of England, a woodland setting prefered and the more bushcraft friendly (i.e. basic) the better.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I've not been there, but I know Fisherground in the Lakes allows camp fires, but I'm not quite sure about the woodland side of things.

Leeroy

May 8, 2005
Macclesfield
there are a few around here in the macclesfield area..

i use a few of the scout ones around here...

they allows open fires which is always good!

btw were in cheshire....

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
I'll second the recommendation for fisherground site. You can have a fire take yer mutt and theres a few nice walks nearby, my friend built herself a seat and a table from stuff she collected around and about and perhaps best of all theres a nice warm friendly public house all of 5 minutes walk away. Be warned though, if it gets wet up there its very wet.
Still its a cracking site

Regards
Garry

B

bivvyfox

Leeroy said:
there are a few around here in the macclesfield area..

i use a few of the scout ones around here...

they allows open fires which is always good!

btw were in cheshire....

Leeroy, like the sound of that, wild fires! Woodland? Do they have some campsites in woodland? I'm pretty new to this. And can you recall the names of the wild fire campsites? Also, is there anywhere to camp wild around Macclesfield, perhaps in the forest, or will I have to go up to the Lakes for that. I'm from Warrington BTW.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE