North East woodland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
Hi all,

ive been getting out and about with my 2.5 year old son, cooking on a stove and setting up tarps in the woods for an hour or two just in woods with public access. I'd like to do a fuller day with him, maybe set up a proper shelter and have a real camp fire (closely supervised of course).

for that I feel I need permission as it's not really just walking and a lunch stop.

does anyone know of any woods in the north east where this would be ok or someone who I could ask for permission?

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Brockwell woods, great 'wild' spot, Google it, talk to the guys, they normally charge for an overnighter, they may do something for you.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
In style too i even pregoogled that shiz and inserted linkage

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I reckon Brockwell would be a great safe place to take a little one for some woodland camping action

MilkTheFrog

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2015
United Kingdom
I know Kielder is quite strict on open fires, but I've heard talk of a "secret booklet" you can get with the locations of a few dozen backpacking spots, think some of them have a water source. Been meaning to look into it myself, actually.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
I know Kielder is quite strict on open fires, but I've heard talk of a "secret booklet" you can get with the locations of a few dozen backpacking spots, think some of them have a water source. Been meaning to look into it myself, actually.

I have a copy of this booklet, pm me your email and I can send you it. It's not really secret but it was only available if you went to the shop at keilder castle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE