north Dartmoor for a few days.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elefantman

Jan 24, 2014
suffolk
Evening all,
Previous planned trip in april fell through due to work commitments. Couple of friends and i are now looking to go in a few weeks time.. Pretty much decided on the north moor as one friend is keen to do yes for and high willhays.
I've checked the mod firing timetable and its clear for oakhampton but the other two have on/off days so will probably steer clear of them... Just to be sure.
Keen to do some miles over the weekend... Anyone have any suggestions of interesting land marks/places? Ancient sites, good camp spots, interesting routes etc?
And I've read various bits about a lot of the car parks not allowing cars left overnight.. Anyone got any ideas for good/safe places to leave the old bus for a few days?
Cheers
Jim

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
I lived on the moor south of Belstone for 6 weeks many years ago. One of my favourite places in the world.

elefantman

Jan 24, 2014
suffolk
Well looking at the weather for next weekend.. Depending on if your a BBC weather person or a metcheck one.. Its either overcast with a chance of rain or its sunny with a chance of clouds.... Either way not too bad.
Got all my kit out last night and found a few bits missing.. Having moved house recently I'm not exactly surprised.
Also forgot how heavy my pack is... Either that or I'm far less fit than I used to be.
Found a few interesting things for us to seek out on the moor... And from what the os maps and Google earth look like a few likely camp spots with streams for water and some form of shelter from walls/copse etc just in case its windy.

elefantman

Jan 24, 2014
suffolk
Would love to say I'd planned to,miss the ten tors but didn't even think about it until last week and cheered when I found it was not the weekend were going.
Just praying we get some okay weather... Its been heaving it down here...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE