Norse/Celtic belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I finally made a decent belt for myself! I have been wanting to do this for a long time but have never had the time. The buckle I hand forged whilst in Norway, so it has a lot of meaning to me. The leather is a strange cut of cowhide, incredibly strong but very soft to the touch, almost a little spongey on the surface. Bashed together with a few solid copper rivets :)

I like my personal leather kit to be plain and simple so that is how I kept it

CIMG5768
by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

And pictured with one of the viking pouches I just finished

CIMG5774

I also made this cuff this week as a wee test of skills (not very bushy though!)

CIMG5714

Thanks for looking

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looking good Hamish, I like stuff fairly plain too and all it needs is good craftsmanship and that stunning buckle and you're there. Maybe needs an axe thrust through it whilst wearing, purely as adornment and authenticity you understand!

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
As always mate, stunning, really like the simplicity of that buckle as well.

You are inspiring me with that pouch as well, lol .

Pete

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I finally made a decent belt for myself! I have been wanting to do this for a long time but have never had the time. The buckle I hand forged whilst in Norway, so it has a lot of meaning to me. The leather is a strange cut of cowhide, incredibly strong but very soft to the touch, almost a little spongey on the surface. Bashed together with a few solid copper rivets :)

I like my personal leather kit to be plain and simple so that is how I kept it

CIMG5768

And pictured with one of the viking pouches I just finished

CIMG5774

I also made this cuff this week as a wee test of skills (not very bushy though!)

CIMG5714

Thanks for looking

Man that's nice, and you know I like your knotwork. The wrought iron buckle and copper rivets, prove that sometimes less is more. Great work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE