Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
4 O'CLOCK in the morning Kev?
are you well?
You're right. Just got back from extra hol's and left shoulder feels like its broken :sadwavey:. Pain is unbelievable so been up most of the night. Must be from carrying the case's and the crud I bought while there for the Grandson. I met Bob The Builder, Dora the Explorer and Diego - NA NA NA NA NA NA!
Seriously, the best bit was the lead singer from The Drifters. His voice is amazing and he worked the crowd superbly. The rest of the group weren't very good though. Hard to be if your dead I suppose :yikes: :lmao::lmao::lmao:
At least I caught up on the forum :lmao:
Worst bit is I've done that much walking my shins are killing me. I don't want to walk around Sandringham Craft fair this weekend or Haddenham Steam Rally - Should save me some dosh though ;)
Can't wait for the shoulder to get better so I can get in the shed and get some steel hot and malleable

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hope you get better soon! :(

We did a fair bit of walking in Wales, even the touristy places have 100's of steps, I've come back with sore areas around where I had my ops! which is worrying!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Ive just posted this

I've just met a local sword maker selling tools and wot nots on our local car boot. Never knew he existed but he makes some lovely Damascus steel that he uses in his swords
[B]http://www.paul-binns-swords.co.uk[/B]/

in edged tools.
He only lives near Wisbech and chatting to him seems a nice bloke. He wants me to make some stuff including blades and strikers. He's got a trip hammer - am I excited or what?

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Guys

Been over at Hethel today for a wander round and checked out our old camp site, you know its been used, remember the state of the ground when we left it last, now looks like we have never been there I was really surprise how things have grow back.

regards

D

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, lads hope you are all well, went to my local car boot sunday found some 58 pat webbing :) anyone intrested. belt, yoke, 4 or 5 bags in good condition £15 thought the bags are worth that. later

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
£15 isn't bad!
This is mine you can see how it goes together.
358webbingasworninTAoutside.jpg

and the other side:
358webbingasworninTAinside.jpg

I'd hang on to it a while mate, the general prices for 58" seem to rising slowly for even 2nd hand as it's becoming collectable.
i.e. for a 2nd hand kidney pouch Becketts were asking £7!
(don't worry they kept it!)

phew! :( gradually clearing out my garage, so much ****! :yikes:

haven't made anything with metal for a while, think I'll make a new mug lid.

Last edited:

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
hi, lads hope you are all well, went to my local car boot sunday found some 58 pat webbing :) anyone intrested. belt, yoke, 4 or 5 bags in good condition £15 thought the bags are worth that. later

Sounds interesting..On the back of the ammo pouches, are the belts clips slanted or vertical?And if it has a waterbottle bottle pouch with a twist closer or strap and buckle?If yes i may be interested.
And Rich, thats a nice set!Are you going for Falklands style CEFO?!It justs needs a turtle helmet with scrim now!!I managed to get a full set of 58 webbing for a maiden bid of £35 on the ebay..all unissued too.Ive finally visited the surplus shop in Hingham..what an experience that was!A PROPER surplus shop!!Got me a 44patt housewife and 50's dated kfs.Just brilliant!
I see hes got a couple of 68patt jackets too..Yes, im becoming obsessed again!

Would anyone be up for a meet at Bawdeswell woods aagin sometime?

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, launditch, the webbing has two bags on the back that are joined, then there are 2 bag's with slanted clips on the front. nice kit rich ;-) no water holder sorry
Sounds interesting..On the back of the ammo pouches, are the belts clips slanted or vertical?And if it has a waterbottle bottle pouch with a twist closer or strap and buckle?If yes i may be interested.
And Rich, thats a nice set!Are you going for Falklands style CEFO?!It justs needs a turtle helmet with scrim now!!I managed to get a full set of 58 webbing for a maiden bid of £35 on the ebay..all unissued too.Ive finally visited the surplus shop in Hingham..what an experience that was!A PROPER surplus shop!!Got me a 44patt housewife and 50's dated kfs.Just brilliant!
I see hes got a couple of 68patt jackets too..Yes, im becoming obsessed again!

Would anyone be up for a meet at Bawdeswell woods aagin sometime?

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
hiya, my aim this winter is to do some predator fishing, had a small jack pike take smaller fish a couple of times in the summer and that was really my first encounter with them and found it exciting, so am looking to target large perch and small pike this winter. where did you catch them? my luck was down at pentney.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Supposed to go and have my eyes lasered tomorrow(Friday) at 10a.m. Glasses gone for good. :cool: except sunglasses :35:
Optical Express rang me today at about 2 p.m. Surgeon said as I have Arthritis which is a little up and down at the moment, He won't do it. What a b***ger :(
Got to wait at least another 6 months. Anyone got a laser pen thats a bit beefed up? :yikes:
MEET AT ST. IVES GOLF CLUB THIS SAT PM AND SUNDAY TO WHENEVER IF INTERESTED.
Arranged by R.Lewis :campfire: :camping:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi Guys, after getting drenched today I am going to sort out my boxes and find the waterproofs, I am spending the next few days sorting out my kit and getting rid of the stuff I dont use or need. For those who remember me talking about my accident in the lakes last boxing day, I have been having problems again with the knee and after some physio and consultanting I am awaiting to go into Sandringham Hospital for the day. I might be having surgery or not. Oh well at least I can join the POM's Society or the OCBC.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Guys

:camping:I was hoping to get the last over nighter before Xmas in, weekend 14/15th November, so pencil in your diaries please:campfire:

Regards

D

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, i have a small mooring on the river wissey where the A10 goes over it, i also use it for the canoe. it's nice if you want a bit of time out and its not far from king's lynn. dave had a go with the compound target bow yesterday it was shooting high at 30m by 60cm and it was so fast i could not see the arrows fly:) saying that i could not see them in the back stop :- ( a large 75 round bail haystack well it was my first time out and they went in so far that only 10cm stuck out. later lads

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I've been playing in the forge again for the last couple of days making good use of the time before going back to work soon.
A mate asked me to make him some stuff and some bits to sell on his re-enactment stall
I made
  • five pokers
  • two 4ft fire tripods
  • two 5ft fire tripods
  • four S hooks to go with the tripods
  • four kettle/pot hangers
  • eight strikers
All pics here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62331
square has twists on it
Hope you like it

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi All

Just interested who is looking at going on the 13/14th (got dates wrong) Nov, just some idea of numbers a couple of canoeing bud's are interested in coming so Rich your fire lightings skills are needed for them!!!!!!

Hoping to make it a nice one before Santa arrives, a chance to realise the things you really need for the next night out and wondered how you managed to survive this one!!!!!

all the best

D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE