Noobie blog,video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
Im a total Noobie (new guy) to Bushcraft and its ways,been once using a mates borrowed kit an over nighter hammock style ,now got my own set up and sue to go out Friday(if i can survive this weeks night shifts lol)

I was thinking a may make a blog or/and some youtube videos,I know a lot of guys silverfox and others do some great stuff but i was thinking mine maybe more as an observer coming into the hobby.
showing me kit and then my first outing and progression.

I know i may get some stick as ill get a lot wrong etc but im also thinking there will be others starting up who it may help and also the folks with experience maybe able to help me along the way and advise

Also it will give me something to look back on and see my progress over a couple of years,im sure id be cringing at my start up when i look back,but lifes all about the learning curve.

worth a shot you think?
Thanks

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I did this in the now defunct blog section and it was interesting to see what I started with and what I have now, go for it, be interesting to see and you'll get loads of opinions and feedback on your kit!

Cheers,

Alan

Go for it J4C3, it's always good to look back at places you've visited, things you've made, kit you've collected!
YouTube Videos are a great thing to make with a mix of video/photos of trips away, stick a title and credits on, with some background music, and you can't go wrong! (lots of music files out there that are free to use!) with Bushcrafting, it's not like holidays where you can buy a momento of the trip, so creating something like a vid is always great for the memories.. If nothing else!.. You don't always have to feel like yourvtrying to educate!

Along with my YouTube channel, I use a blog too, for all things Bushy and made things! Seems a waste, spending 2 months making something, only for your closest friends to see.. So get it all out there.. And share the wealth!!

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Go for it. Don't worry about doing anything 'wrong' there's no such thing, only 'different'. I dare say a lot of other people will love to see what you get up to with what ever you choose to take with you, your reasons and your results etc. I suspect it will be more interesting than you think.. :D

Cheers,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE