No knife multi tool recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Hi guys, I need a multi tool to go in my pocket/ on my belt at work. Due to the place I work it can’t have a knife as a part of it. I remember sone time ago someone made a simple tool with a number of useful edges (box tape cutter?) plus a flat screwdriver edge?... not sure, rambling a bit now but if any of you guys work somewhere where knifes aren’t allowed but you still need something...could you let me know what you use?

Cheers j

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Can't help you as I've never owned a multitool (unless you include a Swiss Champ :)) - but you could always remove (snap off) the blade from your tool of choice.

Just an idea - perhaps not popular :)

Reactions: uncleboob

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I have the leatherman knifeless rebar which I travel through London with daily.

As the name suggests it doesn’t have a knife blade. It does have a saw and pointed awl though so if it’s a really secure environment it may not be suitable.

Souledman

Nov 14, 2020
Glasgow
I saw this on Kickstarter a while ago:

It’s modular and magnetic so you can take the tools you want and leave the knife at home. It looked interesting online but is pretty expensive, so I can’t comment on how good it is in real life.

Edit: you got me curious, and actually this might be more helpful:

Last edited:

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
+1 for knifeless leatherman rebar (search for Rebar EDC). Also because of the saw/awl/scissors and weight it makes a great outdoor multittol. It's the lightest full size mt and a perfect companion to your knife.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Sounds like a one piece multitool?

Only one I can remember that someone made on here was @pieinthesky 's trolley key?

Plenty of other options though.

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
A fair few of the Gerber / leatherman tools are easy to take apart , just remove the blade and replace with a suitably sized washer to make up the space .

Reactions: swyn and Billy-o

shibafu

Jul 31, 2013
UK
The SOG Powerlock has user-replaceable tools, and you used to be able to buy other individual tools to swap in, though they seem harder to come by now. SOG multitools generally have decent pliers but some of the other tools are iffy.

Victorinox do one of their little models called the Jetsetter that has scissors and a screwdriver/bottle opener, but no blade.

Reactions: swyn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE