No gear weekend full report

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Probably because you're not wrong *hides under a tarp*
I would have said again that an SAK would have been useful. Possibly a svord style too, Kris Jackson made a little corker recently that would have been fit for purpose, looked good and sturdy. But my grasshopper might be up in the gift thread soon put it that way

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I've given over with EDC knives since I was arrested at the passport office in Liverpool. I tried to explain that it was blunt as a butter knife, that it was a work tool and that I had no intention of stabbing the people who would provide me with a passport, but they were having none of it.

Saying that, my work involves carrying knives, but one is a surgical blade and the other a utility knife... neither of which seem to be a problem.

Not had a decent SAK in years so can't comment on their usefulness... I have mates who swear by them though.

EDIT: Just been informed that as I carry the surgical and utility every day, they are EDCs :rolleyes:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I have to correct your spelling of last word... It should read if you have the Balls...
That may well be true!
I've given over with EDC knives since I was arrested at the passport office in Liverpool. I tried to explain that it was blunt as a butter knife, that it was a work tool and that I had no intention of stabbing the people who would provide me with a passport, but they were having none of it.

Saying that, my work involves carrying knives, but one is a surgical blade and the other a utility knife... neither of which seem to be a problem.

Not had a decent SAK in years so can't comment on their usefulness... I have mates who swear by them though.
I carry a cheap multitool everywhere, but that's more so I've got the pliers and little screwdrivers if I'm honest. A lass I work with carries a scalpel handle and a few no.10 Morton blades everywhere, she's not into this manner of things but uses them for all kinds. Shouldn't imagine they're strictly legal though

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland

EDIT: Just been informed that as I carry the surgical and utility every day, they are EDCs :rolleyes:

Why should it be that every time you post anything dewi I get the munchies?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Brekky.jpg

This is I preparing a camp fire breakfast just over a month ago.

brekky2.jpg

There was much more to follow, but I do like my breakfasts.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I currently own a Mora companion, but there are 2 pieces of 01 steel on my desk that are begging to be turned into something... so Wilson may well have a friend by the time we get to exchange our meals :) As my other half says, there are always 2 chances.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I currently own a Mora companion, but there are 2 pieces of 01 steel on my desk that are begging to be turned into something... so Wilson may well have a friend by the time we get to exchange our meals :) As my other half says, there are always 2 chances.
01 is lovely stuff to work with. Having a morning at the forge myself! Throwing axe for a friend
694b08580049103368d28d26d135e839.jpg

And as you can see all aspects of heath and safety by me friends are ignored (note jonnies lack of... Well anything and damiens safety specs perched on his head!)
8ba075d0f40d182ea5e65680929dbea6.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE