no bison knife review?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I can't find one. I know we've had lots of comments on it over the time that I've ben here and on BB but I can't find a deicated review. I did a google search and pulled up both bushcraftuk and britishblades. One arcive said something about Gary reviewing it. Is this review still around

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Andy said:
I can't find one. I know we've had lots of comments on it over the time that I've ben here and on BB but I can't find a deicated review. I did a google search and pulled up both bushcraftuk and britishblades. One arcive said something about Gary reviewing it. Is this review still around
I had one, got rid. Nuff said. It was OK bit ...

Kath's got one and I think because the handle is better suited to smaller hands she finds it better.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I have one, quality blade but I find the handle just a little too narrow so I don't use it much. If you like knives with smaller handles then it's worth a look. I may stick mine in the classifieds.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Ive got the BisonBushcraft and I find its perfect for bushcraft and i "use it alot", the blade is a perfect size for carving and holds an edge very well, I am having another made to my spec which i will pick up next week (you can see them both in january :wink: ) and the leatherwork is also excellent. Ill do a review on my new one next week once ive got it in my mitts, I took the Bison on a course once(wont mention wich) and the instructors were impressed with it, one in particular said it was much better then the one they did, blade/handle size ect pick the bones out of that :wink: .All in all a top knife IMO and a good price for a knife you can have hand made to your own spec, eg handle material, sheath design ect, the workmanship is fully guarenteed ,as i have said in my opinion its a lovely useable knife and it looks pretty too :wink:

Jun 24, 2004
I too have a Bison Bushcraft Knife, and wouldn't be separated from it. I bought mine several years ago when the Hastings Arms Company were marketing them for a brief time. Overall a good, reliable and strong blade with a very nice hand made sheath, that I would recommend to anyone.
Stan

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
myakka said:
If your looking for a great Bushcraft knife, try a Roger Linger Bushcraft. I love both of mind :eek:):

I was going to take mine with me too...
:biggthump

(of course, I'm too embarrassed to admit that I haven't had time to use it yet!)
(er... Oops)

Nov 24, 2004
West Sussex
I had a good look at the bb`s knife owned by paganwolf at a woodlore course. The instructors seemed to rate it as every bit as good as the w`lore one. I have ordered one from Roger on the strength of the hard work it was put to by the wolf during that week.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
myakka said:
Dave,

You will love the Linger Bushcraft, There awesome!

Hi myakka, Dave is talking about a Bison Bushcraft Knife made by Roger Harrington, whats a Linger Bushcraft, or have i got the totally wrong end of the stick (before you say it Gary it wouldnt be the first time :rolmao: :nana: )

myakka

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2004
Colorado
www.freewebs.com
Sorry for the mix up, when Dave said Roger, I thought he was talking about Roger Linger, my mistake.

Tha bottom knife in the photo is a Linger Bushcraft knife

t7g2linger.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE