No “Sicky” For Me!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
From the moment I stepped outside the front door this morning I started to feel unwell – very unwell! My climate-induced malady only worsened as the London-bound train passed field after field of frostbitten vegetation and, where timber stood rigid in winter’s embrace - from trackside No-Man’s-Land to Deer Park coppice, the feeling of being similarly restrained by the pressure of work made me consider returning immediately from whence I came. Temptation indeed!

Having though refrained from such wholly unacceptable behaviour I have, as a most sensible tonic for so tormented a soul, taken the precaution of re-familiarizing myself with correct installation of Landrover snow chains, as I suspect tomorrow’s forecast will find Klenchblaize similarly afflicted and, I fear, unable to do more than drive to a Kentish wood in search of therapy from the restorative rays of a marmalade-hued sun that, whilst caressing this irresolute frame, will also find it’s way into the trigger of my K .22 Hornet foxing rifle!!

Cheers

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I just cant blame you pair at all !

If you need someone to call in for you let me know lol

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Well I never!! Such confessions. Makes me proud. I'm working from home today as I'm already snowed in by about 18 inches of snow. Just been out with the dogs looking at fox, rabbit, mouse, pheasant amd feral cat prints. Now the suns shining and I have to get to the other side of the Cairngorms for a meeting tomorrow. No 4x4, no snow chains! What's a man to do... :)

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
bent-stick said:
Lucky bar stewards.

I'll be sat in a traffic jam some where on the M1 on the way to Northampton. I have to go to a customer site tomorrow.:( :(

Take a heavy blanket and large flask of coffee!

Cheers

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I am out lamping tonight as well so hopefully it should start before I get home - hell I might just stay out and turn it into an all night and day shootfest :lmao:

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Sorry to hear about the snowplough Fred !!

My Kids were disappointed when the school bus turned up this morning ! They had heard from friends at Chapel of Garioch that school transport wasn't running.

Regards,
Doug.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Has been a lovely day today, nice frost down here and clear blue skies. Never more of a perfect excuse to go for a long lunch time walk.

Hope you get the snow you are forcasted and get a day off. Not looking too likely for Hampshire :( But fingers are crossed.

Morrius

Oct 16, 2006
Bristol
I've got the day off. I live in Bristol (worst bus service in the country, period!) and my workplace is an hour away without snow, so I don't fancy my chances much. I'd like to sit up tonight with a small fire in my garden and wait for the snow to come. Does anyone know the official line taken on small fires in gardens?

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Morrius said:
Does anyone know the official line taken on small fires in gardens?

As long as its not smokey then you shouldnt have a problem. Depends what your neighbours are like really.

Not much different to having a fire pit for a bbq and loading it with wood afterwards :rolleyes: :D

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Morrius said:
I've got the day off. I live in Bristol (worst bus service in the country, period!) and my workplace is an hour away without snow, so I don't fancy my chances much. I'd like to sit up tonight with a small fire in my garden and wait for the snow to come. Does anyone know the official line taken on small fires in gardens?

So long as none of the neighbours have their washing still out on the line (not that they should at this time of year) should be fine.

Matt.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hellfire! I was going of for a couple of days canoeing with Bow drill but he has cancelled due to the forcast - I will just have to go to work!
Mind you work will be testing a pair of boots and a game bag for one of my magazine gear review columns and will involve trudging around the local fields and woods, maybe down to Ffynone waterfalls... or - if the road is clear - bashing up onto the Preseli mountains for a bit of sledging....work is hell isn't it!

D

Deleted member 4605

Considering I had a :censored: big bonfire here at the weekend. I don't think a little fire is a problem. I guess it pays to live half a mile away from your nearest neighbour! :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
andyn said:
Has been a lovely day today, nice frost down here and clear blue skies. Never more of a perfect excuse to go for a long lunch time walk.

Hope you get the snow you are forcasted and get a day off. Not looking too likely for Hampshire :( But fingers are crossed.
Don't jinx it mate - I was hoping to persuade Bushwacker Bob to play hooky too ...we can both walk to the Bowman after a mornings shoot ;)

Sadly my dial in has crashed so I can't even work from home :D

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE