No “Sicky” For Me!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
andyn said:
As long as its not smokey then you shouldnt have a problem. Depends what your neighbours are like really.

Not much different to having a fire pit for a bbq and loading it with wood afterwards :rolleyes: :D
Perhaps invite the neighbours to join you! :)

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Klenchblaize said:
From the moment I stepped outside the front door this morning I started to feel unwell – very unwell!
me too, like I was wearing a hairy blanket soaked in hot water :( Unfortunately I work around and use a laptop from home through my broadband connection so I don't have the excuse :( (Although to be honest all I want to do is sleep)

However snow is not fun for eveyone, round here it doesn't take much for every fat :censored: with a fat child to decide to drive them to school at 5mph in their fiat puntos, or worse still their fronteras, which are obviously driven especially badly to churn the snow up and make the roads complete ice rinks.

the main roads can't cope with the slow speed or extra traffic and cross town travel becomes almost impossible so its either use up a days holiday or walk 7 miles in crap conditions some along roads with no footpaths and no guarantee that the office will still be open when I get there.

My 13 year old daughters bus will probably run in the morning but at 1PM I will get a call saying the school is closed and can I get her (ie 5 miles in the other direction) or is it ok for her to walk home? So I end up going out anyway.

Oh yes and if for any reason my wife can't work because of the snow she doesn't get paid..

Which ever way it goes snow is not welcomed in this house :(

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Well I've got an unexpected free day...went up to northampton just to find that the people I was supposed to see hadn't turned up and the office was closing because the weather was getting worse. Had the best journey back ever - 2 hours door to door. Not sure where the road chaos that I was being told about on the radio was...

Decided it wasn't worth going in to the office so I'm off out for a couple of hours 'lunch break' ;)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Zodiak said:
However snow is not fun for eveyone, round here it doesn't take much for every fat :censored: with a fat child to decide to drive them to school at 5mph in their fiat puntos, or worse still their fronteras, which are obviously driven especially badly to churn the snow up and make the roads complete ice rinks. :(

Oh yes, but you forgot to mention the Porsche Cayenne and BMW 4X4’s with low profile tyres that slide sideways down any minor gradient!

In the end I chose a compromise “day away from the office” and enjoyed just a couple of hours in the woods from first light. Magical stuff indeed! Not so much fun though was the half-hour delay caused by too many of the above vehicle owners taking their chibs to Sevenoaks School and on a day when any child of moderate energy and imagination would, surely, prefer to walk? After all we are hardly talking about the mean streets of South London!

Cheers

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pah,

Bit hard to convince work that the 1" of soggy slush would prevent the LC getting through today..

Pah and once more Pah

Sulk off

Red

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Have just tried to get from Canary Wharf to Chelsea on my Motorbike.

Have just pushed my bike back after crashing. Am now minus front brake lever, rear break lever, certain amount of pride and a fair bit of blood through gash in my shin.

My mother always said I learn the hard way :banghead:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE