Night time wee breaks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rcastillo

Jul 10, 2009
London
Cards on the table! The worst part of camping for me is that I've left my en suite behind. Getting out of a warm sleeping bag, climbing out of a comfy hammock, fumbling with shoes and then walking to somewhere suitable ... it's a serious faff!!

Has anyone come up with a suitable alternative?

I'm particularly keen for ideas with festival season coming up (not exactly bushcraft, I admit!). Toilets tend to be a long way away, and bedtime is sure to have been proceeded by much beer.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A wide mouth nalgene makes a good pee bottle, just make sure you can identify it in the dark in case you get thirsty ;)

EDIT:

Must type faster

EDIT: EDIT:

But I was faster than you Stu :D

Last edited:

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
A used pop bottle works too, so long as you get the wide mouthed bottles such as Oasis. Sorry ladies, you'll have to get a wash bowl!:lmao:

It is definitely worth getting up when you need to go, otherwise you will get cold and your sleep will suffer.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
When car camping I find a plastic milk bottle ideal. They come in nice big sizes so you don't have to worry about overfilling when you wake up feeling like your back teeth are floating and you can bin them at the end of the week.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It is definitely worth getting up when you need to go, otherwise you will get cold and your sleep will suffer.

I've lost count of the number of times I've laid in my hammock (without a pee bottle) hoping the urge would go away. In the end I get up and then I'm straight back off to sleep, it's the getting out that's the hard part.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I've lost count of the number of times I've laid in my hammock (without a pee bottle) hoping the urge would go away. In the end I get up and then I'm straight back off to sleep, it's the getting out that's the hard part.

Yep, I'm the same, get up and go, then back to sleep.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
i suppose in a hammock you could 'hang' over the side and pee lol

and as for that bottle with a lid, you could get a carabiner and hang it from the ridgeline, or out the hammock etc on a piece of paracord

another alternative is to get some conveen and leg bags. google both they work really well at all you can drink **** ups lol, where the drinks are free till you break the seal

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I must admit that I just get up and satisfy the urge and then back to bed. The key is to get up as soon as you feel the need and don't procrastinate about it. I also quite like the sleepy not quite real feeling walking about the woods still asleep - plus when you get back in the hammock / bivi it feels awesome :D

Tom

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
:DA condom with the end cut off, the tube and drinking bladder from your mates camel back. Thread the tube into the condom, then fit condom.................... this actually sounds like it might work!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao: sorry I use a nalgene bottle!!!

Andy:goodnight:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
if you go tothe disability shops they sell proper bottles for peeing in i got one use it all the time
regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE