Night time wee breaks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamalex

Jan 27, 2010
Halifax
Trunks and Snozz had a night out on Saturday, when i went up on Sunday they were discussing this very issue. Poor Trunksy had to get up 3 (three) times, knocking the ice from his tarp. Hope he finds this thread :D

Al

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Damn Rik that means someones modded my idea!! lol If you had a really long tube you could warm your sleeping bag whilst still sat at the camp fire!! lol

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I must admit that I just get up and satisfy the urge and then back to bed. The key is to get up as soon as you feel the need and don't procrastinate about it. I also quite like the sleepy not quite real feeling walking about the woods still asleep - plus when you get back in the hammock / bivi it feels awesome :D

Tom

Yeah, me too :)
Just get up, go and do it and then crawl back into a warm bed :D Bliss.

I do have an oval bowl that fits biodegradable doggy bags, and I drop a sachet of the water gel stuff (10 for £1) into the bag before bed if I'm in a tent and it's chucking it down outside. Tie it off and dispose of in the morning. The wee bowl is the most gawd awful colour so will never be mistaken for anything else. I pack it all away in one of those small green copost tubs. Handy for all those female moments :)

cheers,
Toddy

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
My Wifey works with the old, and she said hospitals have devices for the bed ridden patents, for the ladies there is something called the slipper,(although I think this is just what they call it and its not the technical name for it) its a thing that they hold with a tube coming off it, and the one for the men is where there put it in and do there business, By eck what a way to put it:lmao: I think if some one did a google search for "Method and device for removing and collecting urine" they might be able to find them. I need a wee now:D
Cheers Bill

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Trunks and Snozz had a night out on Saturday, when i went up on Sunday they were discussing this very issue. Poor Trunksy had to get up 3 (three) times, knocking the ice from his tarp. Hope he finds this thread :D

Al

Cheers Alex, you can always rely on yer mates to divulge embarrassing secrets :BlueTeamE In my defense, we did sink a fair few pints in the pub before wondering back up the hill :christmas1:

In the past i have used a Lenor bottle, worked well & smelt nice too.

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
January just gone we stayed out up by Moel Prysgau when it snowed, it was (for the first time in my life) an absolute pleasure to get up in the middle of the night for a pee.

Normally its just your common or garden stumbling about in the dark scenario:D

cheers,
Rob

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Based on my personal (and unfortunate) experience I advise practicing and perfecting your technique in daylight before using a nalgene etc bottle when in a hammock, otherwise you might find it a bit difficult to get back to sleep in the damp

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Damn Rik that means someones modded my idea!! lol If you had a really long tube you could warm your sleeping bag whilst still sat at the camp fire!! lol

On a serious note, a mate of mine who's a mental health nurse goes to Spain on the bus a couple of times a year and uses this setup on the coach rather than the onboard toilet:eek: In his defence he is a very heavy lad, maybe eighteen stone so its easier for him. Your not allowed booze on the buses anymore but he still drinks several litres of home made orange juice on the 24 hour journey, hic ;)

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
Hold on...

lemme think.

i just saw on one hiking magazine one solution for these situations.it was a thick plastic bag & funnel combo-thingy filled with some crystals that suck all the liquid and turn into non-smelling gel.ill check out if i can find some trademarks etc.

http://www.roadbag.net/

it was similar to this thing though....

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The doggie bag and the hanging basket watergel crystals are just a home made version of that..........doesn't come with a funnel though :)

cheers,
Toddy

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I also quite like the sleepy not quite real feeling walking about the woods still asleep

I walked face first into a branch one night. Not even sure if my eyes were open or if I was on autopilot.

The funniest was when a mate and I were pitched on a wee plateau right at the edge of the shore. I'd stayed up late and just I was dozing off he got up and headed towards the door. I kind of sleepily warned him that the tide was really high and the water really close. He paused for a second as if thinking then walked straight out the tent and up to his knees. After the splash I heard dreamy "Oh, right, that close!".

My fault really. The warning was too vague.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I must admit that I just get up and satisfy the urge and then back to bed. The key is to get up as soon as you feel the need and don't procrastinate about it. I also quite like the sleepy not quite real feeling walking about the woods still asleep - plus when you get back in the hammock / bivi it feels awesome :D

Tom

Agreed. Just get up - it's not the end of the world and it's not worth faffing about. There's no way I'm taking any risks with my beloved Rab down bag.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Well I take a diruitic and anyone who takes one will know that often when you get the 'urge' you HAVE to go!
If i am unlucky I need to get up two or three times a night (no no prostrate problems!).
So I use one of those urinal bottles. but i am thinking of trying a nalgene style bottle.
As we are usually on camp sites, its not a case of get up and go outside, more a case of get up get dressed, walk around other tents about 500 yards the the same back.
So a bottle for me is essential kit!
Alan

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
January just gone we stayed out up by Moel Prysgau when it snowed, it was (for the first time in my life) an absolute pleasure to get up in the middle of the night for a pee.

Normally its just your common or garden stumbling about in the dark scenario:D

cheers,
Rob

Once, when camping in the Moelwyns, I had to answer the inveitable call of nature and got up to find a crystal clear, perfectly calm night. I stood on a little hump and, while doing the business, looked down on the stars - reflected perfectly in the still waters of Llyn Edno. Magic! Would have stayed longer only it was well frosty.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I don't know what you're all worried about, just P*** in your bed and have a wash in the morning! it'll be warm for a while;)

there is always the option of adult nappiesgoodjob

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
January just gone me and Col were over at delamere, we'd had a few at the local and it was a damned cold night. i had to get up twice because i couldn't sleep properly i was that cold. nasty night.
when slightly warmer tho i do enjoy wandering out into the still night and seeing the landscape all calm, i think thats my fave time of day.
i always get up very early when camping (once i'm awake i'm awake) due to the sunrise and i LOVE watching the land wake up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE