Trip Report Night out with the nippers.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
A slight break in the weather so I load up Sheephead and Beefwit and head to the woods. Hammocks up, bangers on and bannock mix prepared and the kids loved it.
Fired up the lixada toaks knock off next to my DIY solo stove and both performed well, even partook in some camp coffee and it is as rank as I remember.

KenThis

Settler
Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I love your vids, please keep sharing.

On a completely unrelated note I noticed you're On the Isle of Wight. My Uncle wants to go there this summer. We love camping but it's getting harder since he lost both his legs. I'm wondering if there are any hammock friendly campsites with good facilities that you could recommend?
Also if you wouldn't mind sharing your spot, it might be nice to do a wildcamp overnighter for one of the nights. Very much in the planning stage at the moment so any and all advice is welcome, feel fee to PM me if you prefer.

Sorry for going off topic. Just to say again I love seeing you and your boys having so much fun, real life bushcraft.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I love your vids, please keep sharing.

On a completely unrelated note I noticed you're On the Isle of Wight. My Uncle wants to go there this summer. We love camping but it's getting harder since he lost both his legs. I'm wondering if there are any hammock friendly campsites with good facilities that you could recommend?
Also if you wouldn't mind sharing your spot, it might be nice to do a wildcamp overnighter for one of the nights. Very much in the planning stage at the moment so any and all advice is welcome, feel fee to PM me if you prefer.

Sorry for going off topic. Just to say again I love seeing you and your boys having so much fun, real life bushcraft.
Cheers Ken,

As luck would have it the spot on the vid is "Camp Wight" http://campwight.co.uk/index.php and is open during sumer for both tent and hammock camping. The facilities are solar showers and compost toilets so if you wanted a wild camp with parking you're golden. I use it out of season. If you let me know what facilities you need I can have a nose around but there are plenty of campsites the biggest being whitecliff bay, thorness bay and a few others but they are true campsites with flat pitches, launderette etc. You are welcome to use Camp Nobby for a wild camp.

KenThis

Settler
Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
Cheers Ken,

As luck would have it the spot on the vid is "Camp Wight" http://campwight.co.uk/index.php and is open during sumer for both tent and hammock camping. The facilities are solar showers and compost toilets so if you wanted a wild camp with parking you're golden. I use it out of season. If you let me know what facilities you need I can have a nose around but there are plenty of campsites the biggest being whitecliff bay, thorness bay and a few others but they are true campsites with flat pitches, launderette etc. You are welcome to use Camp Nobby for a wild camp.

Thank you very much.
As for facilities I'm not entirely sure yet, but I think just ease of access for a wheelchair or perhaps zimmer like walker. As I said early planning stages but thanks for the link. It looks ideal, I'll be showing my uncle anyway and see what he thinks...

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Thank you very much.
As for facilities I'm not entirely sure yet, but I think just ease of access for a wheelchair or perhaps zimmer like walker. As I said early planning stages but thanks for the link. It looks ideal, I'll be showing my uncle anyway and see what he thinks...
They have a bif woodland aswell.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
When you said camp coffee, I thought you meant unfiltered brewed in the pan, not Camp Coffee. Yeesh, that stuff is awful.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Defo an aqcuired taste, but warm and wet for the morning.

Yeah, good enough. Probably better than those 3 in 1 sachets. It’s surprising it still sells enough to remain on supermarket shelves in these times of coffee snobbery, but it must have a following.

Another good video Nobby, especially the bit where you taught Sheephead a bit of knife safety and then tried to cut the bannock with the knife spine and it closed on you :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE