Nice old Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Hi guys check out this great Frosts laminated Mora knife I got from Tradera (Swedish eBay). The blades a touch longer than a no2 and thicker also. It's my first Lam steel and I'm impressed with the edge it takes with ease. Another nice feature is the hint of a Ricasso which protects the fore finger from the blade edge.
And to top it off the sheath is perfect it retains the knife nicely but it's easy to draw and the plastic has a great feel almost like suade(!).
It was a great price and arrived from Sweden in no time. If you've not looked at Tradera before it's worth a try.cheers Si

Attachments

• IMG_20210325_095844_1.jpg
    IMG_20210325_095844_1.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210325_095743_6.jpg
    IMG_20210325_095743_6.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210325_095807_8.jpg
    IMG_20210325_095807_8.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 34

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
I too have a knife with similarity to that, it also a Frosts of Mora Laminated steel blade, but mine came with a decorated Unica leather sheath. Blade length four and one quarter inch.

Where I got mine was out of a wood working shop on my parents land in Sweden, to be found in a rather abused state, to sport metal vise jaw teeth damage and a gentle S bend in the blade to indicate it had likely been used for prying. To have ground out the jaw damage by extending the bevel and I have straightened out the S bend. I have also stripped the red paint off the handle and drilled it for a wrist lanyard. A pretty knife and of course razor sharp.

I may return it to it's original red as the leather unica scabbard could do with painting, now I have found what I think may have been the original scheme ( Examples of Erik Frost Unica Sheaths)

I did find some others without sheaths with blade names such as Eriksson and Andersson but I have since lost them.

Reactions: Sieddy

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
I too have a knife with similarity to that, it also a Frosts of Mora Laminated steel blade, but mine came with a decorated Unica leather sheath. Blade length four and one quarter inch.

Where I got mine was out of a wood working shop on my parents land in Sweden, to be found in a rather abused state, to sport metal vise jaw teeth damage and a gentle S bend in the blade to indicate it had likely been used for prying. To have ground out the jaw damage by extending the bevel and I have straightened out the S bend. I have also stripped the red paint off the handle and drilled it for a wrist lanyard. A pretty knife and of course razor sharp.

I may return it to it's original red as the leather unica scabbard could do with painting, now I have found what I think may have been the original scheme ( Examples of Erik Frost Unica Sheaths)

I did find some others without sheaths with blade names such as Eriksson and Andersson but I have since lost them.
Great story Silverclaws. From the amount of them advertised on Tradera I guess many folk in Sweden had them lying around in their garages!
I was also bidding on a little one (3 inch blade with full sized handle!) which had a lovely Unica sheath, but I missed that one.
Great knives!

Reactions: Silverclaws2

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
Great story Silverclaws. From the amount of them advertised on Tradera I guess many folk in Sweden had them lying around in their garages!
I was also bidding on a little one (3 inch blade with full sized handle!) which had a lovely Unica sheath, but I missed that one.
Great knives!
Given the cost of the modern variants, even in Sweden, the Companions and Clippers, I would say these old 'Moras' may have been as cheap, to be plentiful to be similarly abused and forgotten.

As was when I picked up those old knives I also bought two other more modern Moras in a supermarket, a couple of Clippers, one being the part serrated rescue knife, they were about £7 each. To also note of municipal and private workmen, they all carried knives such as these.

Reactions: Sieddy

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Given the cost of the modern variants, even in Sweden, the Companions and Clippers, I would say these old 'Moras' may have been as cheap, to be plentiful to be similarly abused and forgotten.

As was when I picked up those old knives I also bought two other more modern Moras in a supermarket, a couple of Clippers, one being the part serrated rescue knife, they were about £7 each. To also note of municipal and private workmen, they all carried knives such as these.
For sure- you cannot go wrong with a Mora. I love all of mine and will often grab the companion more high end knives!

Reactions: Silverclaws2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE