Nice Job Condor

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I had a new toy arrive to day from Alpha Bushcraft. A Condor Falco.

I've been looking for a SMALL neck knife and I found just what I was after in this knife. Really small and light and once I put a decent edge on it, it looks like it'll be a geat little user.

I think I'll paracord wrad the handle to give it a little more purchase as its soo small.

A few Photo's, Not the best as I took them with my phone, but they get the job done.

Next to my main user, O1 Trapper. It comes with a good tight kydex sheath. I think I'll be making a 2mm thick leather one for it.

It really is small!

Aa bit on the blunt side, but that really dosen't bother me as I put a better edge on all the knifes I get. Plus for the price I really can't moan.

Well worth £22.95

Here is where I got it from:

http://www.alphabushcraft.co.uk/condorfalco.html

Last edited:

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
How would you rate the build quality on Condor's in general?

I think I've been damaging my 30 year old stick tang Bowie by batonning, so I've been considering a full tang Condor as a beater knife.

Are they up to some abuse?

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I don't know yet as this was my first one, but for what I've read they are ment to be alot better than they used to be.

Other than not being staggeringly sharp this is very well finished. Nice smooth edges and bang on even grind. The sheath is great for the price, all the rivets are perfectly seated and there is no change of it coming out, you really need tom put some pressure behind it.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
A little update:

I just gave it a very quick sharpen and strop, only 800 stone and compund on my strop. It cuts through paper towel nicely and pretty good at making small feather sticks too, the shaped back of the blade is really good for controlled cuts.

When I need to take a couple of knifes to the stones I'll give it a bit more time. But for now it'll more than do. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Big fan of condor build quality. I have a condor golok, and I beat it to death pretty much every weekend. It's been used for batoning every time its been out.

Great for the price, in fact, great at three times the price.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
nice! condor do make good stuff, i've owned a few now and altest was a condor 5" bushcraft, nice no fuss knfie witha decent convex grind! sheaths are rather nice and the one on my nessmuk was spectacular for a cheap knife! good carbon steel and sturdy handles make them good affordable beaters if you don't like plastic!

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Just a little update:

I'm not one for coated blades, so I took off the coating with a stanley knife blade, P600 sandpaper (using this I smoothed the edges so its nice and smooth in hand) and wire wool to polish it after sanding.

I then gave it a patina using vinegar, 3 hours in this:

Good old curry trays can be pretty useful.

Stright out of it:

Now done, sharpened to razor sharp edge, it looks a bit darker in person:

I'm really happy with it. It feels really nice in hand and is going to be a great neck knife.

It's the only blade I own that's 1075. It's very easy to sharpen on stones and comes up to a great edge.

Now I just need to make a leather sheath next time I get some 2mm leather.

Last edited:

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
It also feels more grippy without the coating. I was going to wrap it in either leather or paracord, I'm not now as there is no need.

Yes it is tiny, 101mm end to end, the deepest it's 20mm (just before the start if the edge), it's a tad over 1mm thick and the edge is 40mm long. My scales don't go low enough, but I'd guess about 70g ish. 70g round my 20" neck is nothing, plus whats also good from condor is the length of the chain that is on the kydex sheath will work on the bigger man. When on it sits low on my chest, right where I like stuff as I have a 56" chest stuff high up tends to get in the way.

Condor do a coupe of small neck knives, I think this is there smallest and is just what I was after. Really small, so that you forget you are wearing it, but can be used for most takes I'd want a knife for. The shaped top of the blade end is great for getting you thumb on and really getting power and control cuts.

If only it was legal to carry something like this on you all the time. I'd love this and my scout sizes firesteel in the end of a deer horn round my neck every time I left my house, nobody would know and I'm be prepaired for anything. But I just have the firesteel on some leather round my neck and a Spyderco Grasshopper on my keys along with a torch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE