nice evening fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i was at perch rock (new brighton) there are several good marks along the wirral side even my local spot at Eastham ferry can deliver a good session on a high tide. Id love to meet up but the trouble is with both of us working and 2 kids being able to stick to a day is tricky im only getting out about half a dozen times a year lately.... havent even managed a trip to anglesey this year which is a first.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
i was at perch rock (new brighton) there are several good marks along the wirral side even my local spot at Eastham ferry can deliver a good session on a high tide. Id love to meet up but the trouble is with both of us working and 2 kids being able to stick to a day is tricky im only getting out about half a dozen times a year lately.... havent even managed a trip to anglesey this year which is a first.

When I was a kid me and my dad used to fish the 1 o'clock gun, recently I have been by the tunnel vents and blanked but haven't been down to perch rock for a while (2-3 years). The prom in otterspool is my normal close to home mark and fishes nicely in the summer but get out of there before it goes dark if your on own, nutters all over the place. I am moving my normal haunt to the Alt estuary as:
A) Light use gear only, bring a big beach caster you'll look silly.
B) Easy train ride for me.
C) Out of the way and not that popular with cyclists, you get some really gobby ones who think they have the right of way just because of spandex and crotch bulge.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Eastham Ferry? Well I never... Used to frequent the tap in my bike days. Infact took my little boy down there a few months ago.
Where is the spot? Would be nice to have a pint, wet a line, have a pint, etc etc lol

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
walk down to the jetty with the telescope looking over liverpool and to your right is a path leading up to a dock anywhere along the path is good at high water. I tend to go high up to avoid the people. I have also seen people fishing on the stone jetty but it can be a bit crowded there but i suppose you can see your rod from the pub :-D

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thanks for reminding me; it's getting cool enough for the bream to start biting. I need to take my Godson out to one of the ponds on the reservation. They've got some nice slabsides in the 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 pound range. If we can catch a mess (and I have no doubt we can) I'll fillet them, dredge them in cornmeal and fry them; what the Cajuns call "sac -a-lait."

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Tell you what, I'll take the lead and organise a session in about a month beginning of the serious cod season or the Mersey so list of interested people:

1) Scouse Monster (Chris)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

If you have a preference for the Wirral side or the Liverpool side and if you need bait picking up along the way I'll get the price list from Taskers (always has bait no shortage) Let me know an I'll pick it up an you can square it up at the meet. Also if you have a preference for time or tide i'll try and factor that in too.

So far I am thinking 04/11/2012 afternoon, Otterspool I know the area like the back of my hand and know the little hot spots all along the length.

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
Tell you what, I'll take the lead and organise a session in about a month beginning of the serious cod season or the Mersey so list of interested people:

1) Scouse Monster (Chris)
2) Mentalnurse ( carl )
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

If you have a preference for the Wirral side or the Liverpool side and if you need bait picking up along the way I'll get the price list from Taskers (always has bait no shortage) Let me know an I'll pick it up an you can square it up at the meet. Also if you have a preference for time or tide i'll try and factor that in too.

So far I am thinking 04/11/2012 afternoon, Otterspool I know the area like the back of my hand and know the little hot spots all along the length.

Tides for that day:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE