Nic Westerman knives.. How much?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I just took a look at his site, as I wanted to maybe look at acquiring one of his spoon knives. However, all knives on his site are priced at £999 !
Really, that much... Surely not. They're beautiful tools. But not £999's worth?
Maybe his site is broke, that must be it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The home page has him closed for a holiday. The price is upped to put buyers off whilst he's unavailable. Same pricing tactic is used by many sellers for a variety of reasons on ebay, amazon etc ;)

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Ah.. So what sort of price have others paid for his wares then?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

ANDGRIN

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol
At the Westonbirt Treefest on his stall, blades started at £40 or so and upwards.
I purchased a lovely carving knife narrow tang convex Scandi with an ash and camel bone handle for £170.
This knife holds an excellent sharp edge that has only needed a little stropping so far.

Andy

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
At the Westonbirt Treefest on his stall, blades started at £40 or so and upwards.
I purchased a lovely carving knife narrow tang convex Scandi with an ash and camel bone handle for £170.
This knife holds an excellent sharp edge that has only needed a little stropping so far.

Andy

Thanks for that. I guess that getting one might still prove difficult though.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
The home page has him closed for a holiday. The price is upped to put buyers off whilst he's unavailable. Same pricing tactic is used by many sellers for a variety of reasons on ebay, amazon etc ;)

I think that is a very bad practice. I looked at a web site a while back and found a similar pricing issue with no explanation as to why so went elsewhere, I can't even say who it was, as in disgust at the prices, I deleted the site from my listings.
The really nice guy at boatropes always stops orders being made but tells you why, he got my business as I could wait a couple of weeks. I hope Dave Budd gets some extra orders out it though;)

Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE