NHS Body Mass Index Calculator

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I always struggle when I'm in the office all day, I get sciatica and sore hips. Moving about definitely helps.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Bowlander - do you get sciatica starting in your Bum? where your wallet would sit? If it is ( could be many things ) I had that for years and quite easily sorted it out over night with a small hard rubber ball. Put the ball on the ground , now sit with your cheek onto the ball , so the ball is between the floor and yourself , now roll around - the small deep massage motions should release any muscular knotting and help any trigger points.

Seriously fixed it almost over night.

Stretching for the hip flexors is important as by sitting we are basically shortening the muscles over time.

Last edited:

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Aye, that's exactly where it is. I use my clenched fist to massage the painful area, it's weird, but I can 'feel' the nerve and switch off the pain. I need to be careful stretching as I tend to over do it.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Aye, that's exactly where it is. I use my clenched fist to massage the painful area, it's weird, but I can 'feel' the nerve and switch off the pain. I need to be careful stretching as I tend to over do it.

Seriously please try the rubber ball , only so much pressure you can apply with your fist , a ball and bodyweight should release and awful lot more , as you seem to have become a bit of a runner as well ( I was for many many years ) I think that can create the situation. So use the massage ball to catch it early.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE