Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
8e2ehy3a.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
One cannot expect the finest of the English language from a foreign news agency - but I doubt Reuters would make such a terrible mistake in grammar.
The English language is a beautiful thing - that report mangles it within an inch of its life!

It should read "Bear Grylls has eaten ... "
Or "lying toe-rag spreads badly conceived "news" report"

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I remember Lofty Wiseman saying he'd prefer to get stranded with RM rather than BG on a desert island, as there was a lot more of RM to eat....

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
If it were my turn to get stranded with one of the three, in turn it would likely go something like this:

AH and RM stranded - both dead of malnutrition after some time due to inability to find sufficient sustenance.
AH and BG stranded - both dead within 48 hours while doing something stupid trying to effect self rescue.
AH and LW stranded - AH dies within 60 minutes and LW is rescued or effects self rescue after eating AH.

The options aren't good whichever way you cut it, but I suspect I would a) learn more b) live longer and therefore stand a better chance of rescue if I were stranded with RM than either of the other two.

If there's proper safety stuff or we're doing it just for giggles then I think for preference either RM or BG would be a hoot, albeit for different reasons. If there is a guaranteed zero chance of being eaten by LW then he's yer man every time, but without the guarantee he's just too scary a proposition to contemplate!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE