Newbie Woodlore Knife Question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 25, 2017
Uk
Hi Guys,
Sorry if this has been dealt with before but i did a few searches and turned up very ltitle other then a few 'for sale' treads..
I have a Woodlore inbound. Its the Wilkinson Sword Model. I can find very little info about it. One video on Youtube. But was wondering where it fits in on the "Woodlore Knife" Timeline. I.E Before or after the Alan Wood model etc.
Also, how it compares in dimensions to Alan Wood & the late Stephen Wade Cox modals.
If anyone can point me at a link or blog with any information I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Hi Guys,
Sorry if this has been dealt with before but i did a few searches and turned up very ltitle other then a few 'for sale' treads..
I have a Woodlore inbound. Its the Wilkinson Sword Model. I can find very little info about it. One video on Youtube. But was wondering where it fits in on the "Woodlore Knife" Timeline. I.E Before or after the Alan Wood model etc.
Also, how it compares in dimensions to Alan Wood & the late Stephen Wade Cox modals.
If anyone can point me at a link or blog with any information I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

The Wilkinson Sword Knife and the Alan Woods Knife are 2 different knives, Ray Mears asked Wilkinson Sword to make a knife in quantity because of the long wait for a Alan Woods Knife, obviously Alan working on his own could not meet the demand for the knife.Both knives were made in 01 steel.The following details are from the Original sales of the Knife, and may have varied as time went by, especially in regards to the price, etc.
Regarding the late Stephen Wade Cox, both of the knives he made were different to the following two, as expected a maker would make his own knife not merely make a copy of someone elses, even though the changes may be slight, interestingly SWC sold the actual blade of the RM Knife without the markings for about £25
as well as the full knife in kit form at a very reasonable price.The only other thing to note is that the Wilkinson Sword Knife would date before 2006 as the factory closed in 2005.

Both knives have different dimensions for example

Alan Woods Woodlore

Blade Length......11cm
Thickness....4mm
handle length.....11cm
Handle material.....Birds Eye maple
Price(original) £195.00 (inc VAT,P+P)
Product Code WK1

Wilkinson Sword...WS1

Blade Length.....10.6cm
O/A length.......22cm
Thickness.....3.6mm
Handle Birds Eye Maple
Price(Original)....£165.00, inc VAT, P+P
Price(original) with Micarta Scales....£95.00, inc VAT, P+P
Product Code WS1

Apr 25, 2017
Uk
The Wilkinson Sword Knife and the Alan Woods Knife are 2 different knives, Ray Mears asked Wilkinson Sword to make a knife in quantity because of the long wait for a Alan Woods Knife, obviously Alan working on his own could not meet the demand for the knife.Both knives were made in 01 steel.The following details are from the Original sales of the Knife, and may have varied as time went by, especially in regards to the price, etc.
Regarding the late Stephen Wade Cox, both of the knives he made were different to the following two, as expected a maker would make his own knife not merely make a copy of someone elses, even though the changes may be slight, interestingly SWC sold the actual blade of the RM Knife without the markings for about £25
as well as the full knife in kit form at a very reasonable price.The only other thing to note is that the Wilkinson Sword Knife would date before 2006 as the factory closed in 2005.

Both knives have different dimensions for example

Alan Woods Woodlore

Blade Length......11cm
Thickness....4mm
handle length.....11cm
Handle material.....Birds Eye maple
Price(original) £195.00 (inc VAT,P+P)
Product Code WK1

Wilkinson Sword...WS1

Blade Length.....10.6cm
O/A length.......22cm
Thickness.....3.6mm
Handle Birds Eye Maple
Price(Original)....£165.00, inc VAT, P+P
Price(original) with Micarta Scales....£95.00, inc VAT, P+P
Product Code WS1

That's a great help, the dimension information was what I was after. Thanks for taking the time to post that. As I said not a lot on the Wilkinson Sword version out there. I look forward to it arriving and using it :cool:

Reactions: Dm1995

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE