Newbie West Mids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 23, 2014
Halesowen
Hi Everyone,

My name is Neil and have been interested in life outdoors forever, wildlife, birding, walking, camping you name it I love it.
Last year a good friend of mine suggested we enrol on a survival skills course with the Survival School for a bit of a laugh, we both loved it so much and leant so much in only 2 days.
When I got back home I started to put together a bushcraft kit and started doing more and research into everything Bushcrafty, this includes Tree and plant ID, forageing, advanced survival skills, knife skills, and more recently hand wood carving, I love every aspect of this type of lifestyle.
My issue now is finding somewhere to actually go into the woods and put all of these new found skills into practice, I would love to set up camp :camping: in a beautiful wooded area, build an open fire :campfire:and cook a delicious meal and a cup of tea, do a bit of hand carving and settle down to a night under the stars, bliss.

Im new to this way of life but very keen, if anyone has any ideas as to where locally (West Midlands) I can legally set up camp and enjoy a weekends de-stress then please let me know.:)

Oh a little more about me, I'm a 47 yearold father of 2, all grown up now and infact Im a grandad 5 times over, Im a manager in the water industry which as you can imagine is quite stressful at times, but its work and it brings the pennys in so I can enjoy life as much as possible.
Im a typical overweight person, hence Big Neil, and Im always trying to lose weight, but that said it doesnt slow me down, and Iam determined to get fit this year and lose weight, then again Ive been saying that for a few years now.:eek:
I have been married to the same wonderful woman (Julie) for over 30 years now and I love her as much today as the day I met her, she also loves the outdoors, not sure about the survival side of things but loves camping, walking and British wildlife.:D

Anyway enough about me now I want to hear from some of you guys and girls, and hopefully meet up at some point.:welcome1:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Hi and Welcome,

I am from just down the road to you, from Stourbridge. But work away down in Wiltshire. Look at the Midlands meet section and you will see some stuff going on. There are some great places around but it is getting hard to find a good place to stay out round by us. I have tried to get a few locations soprted but due to working away from home they fell through but I am still on the look out for some.

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
Hello,

I work around West Brom and wouldn't mind making some new friends in the area. I must admit I have some of the same issues in that I need to get more exercise and my partner loves festival style camping but is not so keen on the idea of bushcraft camps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE