Newbie Question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drew1166

Jun 1, 2007
Wishaw, Scotland
Hi Folks,

I am planing to have a go at my first KIT, I have made a couple of knifes before so i am not a total beginner.

I am trying to decide whether to go for the BRUSLETTO JERVEN KNIFEMAKING KIT, or the KARESUANDO 10.5CM CARBON STEEL KNIFE KIT,

Both seem reasonably priced ( under 30 quid ), And seem to have just about everything you would need to make a fine knife.

As a bushcrafter, I am looking for something that is properly functional as well as pleasing to the eye.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these kits?
Which one would be the best value / product for the job?

Any comments would be most welcome.

Cheers.

Drew1166.

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
I'm sure either kit would be just fine and more a matter of a personal choice. But if you can afford it I would recommend you consider the Enzo kits instead. The entire kit is a step up in terms of quality of materials and will probably result in a much more satisfying project in the end. The Enzo Trapper is an ideal knife and in either O1 (more than adequate edge retention and easier to sharpen) or D2 (great edge retention but a bit tougher to sharpen) carbon steel.

https://www.brisa.fi/portal/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

With your experience it should be a fun project! Good luck.

Be safe.

NJ

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
You can make a fine knife out of either I made a couple of knives from Karesundo they are good for the money the sheath leather is OK but not great. My first knife was Karesuando it could have been better but that was me.

Here is the second one I made for a friend who started it and was doing badly the sheath is made halftanned leather not from the kit.
Kitknife4.jpg

drew1166

Jun 1, 2007
Wishaw, Scotland
Thanks for your input guys......

Native Justice. Ooooooo ENZO, one day you will be mine !!!!!!!!!

Brancho. That is a lovely piece of work there bud, well done you should be proud of that one.

I've had a re think and a plan is forming.

Will keep you all posted with an update when, and if my plan works.

Drew1166

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE