Newbie in Bristol - any groups/meets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
Morning all, as per the title really - new to Bushcraft although done lots of lightweight wild camping whilst hillwalking. Just wondered if there were any local(ish) groups/meets around where I can meet likeminded people and pick up some tips?

Thanks,
D :)

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Not a meet but a tip

Cheddar car boot sales on sundays, aim to get there for 7am,
Ive got LOADS of bushcraft stuff there over the years
£1 entry to carpark
Afterwards you can then head up the gorge , left to burrington or right to mendips and stockhill woods
or head to levels for wildlife reserves or glastonbury and its surroundings

Al

Reactions: Brizzlebush

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Best normally march to september.bank holidays are best.
We only go when sunny as car boot sellers are scared off by the slightest cloud.
Indoor stalls have regular stuff- leave till last
normal carboot stuff on the grass.
Even walking past each stall briskly and only giving cursory view has been known to take 3 hours to go past each one.
Al

Gav Bristol

Jan 31, 2014
Bristol
Morning DR2501!

Fellow Bristolian here, I have not seen any local groups around our neck of the woods, have had a poke around online, how I come across this site! Hopefully come across a few more people around the area on here, and could get something started up :)

Gav

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
Sounds good, there's 3 of us at least lol plus there was a trip report from a few people in Swindon on here a couple of days ago. Maybe we could get a SW meet organised

Gav Bristol

Jan 31, 2014
Bristol
A South West meet would be great, there is not a lot of decent woodland in Bristol, there is Leigh Woods but always full of cyclists and ramblers, so would most likely have to travel into Wiltshire, Somerset or Bath and North East Somerset, so have a good few locations that would be central for a meet up :)

stoz

May 18, 2013
Bristol
Hi all, another bristol based newbie interested. Have access to private bit of land with small
orchard in forest of dean, 40 mins from bristol. Plenty of room for ground dwellers, some
Hanging space, fires no problem. landowner charges four quid a night, loo and water on site.
Plan on getting out in the next few seeks, when it dries out a bit.would be interested in a meet up
With like minded people. Know a good pub? I am based in montpelier, pretty central with a couple
Of gooduns. Lets do this. Stoz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE