Newbee here - help required!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 21, 2006
Isle of Wight
Hi all,

I just joined today after spending many happy hours perousing the forum and site and I have to say what a great bunch of people you are. :You_Rock_
I live on the Isle of Wight and I was wondering if any of you out there do too or know anyone who I could contact who has a keen interest in bushcraft? I have not really thought of getting into bushcraft as a "group thing" I have to admit, as I usually end up spending my time on my own or with another friend, but it seems to be the way to go.
Can anyone out there help me? Do you live on the Isle of Wight or do you know anyone else on the forums who does? If not, maybe you should call............The A-Team...............sorry, got carried away there at the end!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :D

Regards

Island Forager

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Howdy IF,

Can't help with the IoW I'm afraid but there are LOADS of guys on the forum from Hants - you may have to hop the Solent for a meet up, but there should be plenty to choose from

Red

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Hiya Island Forager, welcome to the forum. There are a few members on the IoW I'm sure they'll reply as soon as they see the thread, Seagull for starters I think is over there. I'm just the other side of Southampton so not too far if you're ever on the mainland, we have a few meets from time to time so keep your eye out.

All the best and welcome again

Matt

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
-Switch- said:
Joker, I'd be interested in some of those meets you mentioned, I don't mind travelling down sussex way.

Welcome to the'craft Island. Sorry to hijack your thread mate, you can have it back now :D

No worries, I'll pm you before the next one.

All ways good to meet new faces. :D

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
am i going mad or did i see a carbon copy of this thread a few hours ago??

edit: i should add, the reason i ask is because if there are two people with the same question from the same place then maybe they can meet up! :D

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
No, you're not mad, it's a copy of a thread in the 'Introductions...' forum. I think Island Forager put it there then realised it was in the wrong place (or vice-versa) so re-typed it rather than have it moved.
Either that or he wanted maximum exposure to his question! Look out for this thread in the 'flora and fauna' and the 'edged tools' sections soon! ;)

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
...weeeell, apparently not, but you never know with me. i think the fact that i was so worried about going mad perhaps implies i am anyway, bit of a catch 22 i guess! bu**er.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE