New Woobies (US military poncho liners)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I can get hold of up to 5 of these, if anyone is interested - posting around 16 Dec.. £20, or £22 posted. Overwhelming demand for these last time, so First come, first served!

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Hey Andy, what are these used for if you don't mind me asking. Is it just a warmer layer under your poncho.?.sound like something I'd be interested in. :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
THese can be tied into a poncho to make a lightweight sleeping bag. However, mostly they are used as blankets, and very nice they are too - light, warm and compress easily! Called Woobies by the US military as in "wouldn't be without it"

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hey Andy, what are these used for if you don't mind me asking. Is it just a warmer layer under your poncho.?.sound like something I'd be interested in. :)

As said, inside the poncho as a lightweight sleeping bag alternative or as a light quilt. But NO, not as the name would seem to imply; There's no head hole in them to use when actually wearing the poncho.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
4 down 1 to go!

Re the hole to fit under a poncho, there are a number of people who have done just that - cut a hole and seamed the edges. OR you can buy a "shortened" liner plus hole and collar from Kifaru for around $180:)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
payment - paypal or bank transfer, or cash if delivered at meet etc! No payment until I get back to UK and ship the stuff - probably the 16th Dec.

And yes, genuine US military and woodland camo.

And new!

1 Left................

Last edited:

millie-mail

Forager
Apr 9, 2011
Oxfordshire
payment - paypal or bank transfer, or cash if delivered at meet etc! No payment until I get back to UK and ship the stuff - probably the 16th Dec.

And yes, genuine US military and woodland camo.

And new!

1 Left................

Cool! Can't wait, like a kid at Christmas. Which....... it nearly is.

Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE