New waterproof - green or brown?

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I need a new waterproof jacket for bushcrafting - partly because my present one is ove 10 years old and leaking and partly because it is silver. So, my question:

Do I go for an olive green or brown? I'm looking at spending up to £100 and am considering the Berghaus RG1 in Highland green or the TNF Resolve in Brown - both under £70.

I want to be as inconspicuous as possible (and can't afford Ventile!)

Cheers.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I would go for brown... I prefer brown but Swazi didn't do anything in my colour so I ended up with green.

black would be another good choice and also works around town (unless you're trying to portray a lifestyle image).

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I've got loads of black gear (what does that say about me?) but thought that black was considered "unnatural" in the outdoors - you don't see much blocked out black in nature. Brilliant an night though!:)

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Another one for brown.
Unless you're lying down in/on greenery, you're just as inconspicuous in brown as in green.
And brown makes the jacket makes the jacket "fit in" better in town.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
You could try SASS Kit's Field Smock in "Ventile-in-all-but-name" at £125. They do a version in a nice darkish tan which I have got which makes a change from green.

Sadly the special offer at £99 is now over...

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I've just returned from 4 days fell walking in Cumbria and can heartily recommend the SASS Kit smock when coupled with a wooly pully!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE