new type of hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
yea and the bugnet is removable too which will be handy in the colder months

That was one of the reasons I also quite like the woodsmanX design as the net has a full zip and net tucks away into little sack at gather.

Can't beat the shelf or foot box on blackbird though :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Tis the plan. Waiting for the rain to stop. Hopefully some point this weekend.

Never believe the hype until one of us lot tries and tests it. Looking forward to your review bud and if you are waiting for the rain to stop I wont hold my breath.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I actually really like that hammock and tarp!! And at 2 kg it's fairly light too!! It is expensive but I may take a plunge on it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Why did I have to go and read this? I do not need another hammock or tarp and yet this is tempting, despite the steep price. It looks like a good and comfortable piece of kit and to have the whole set up weighing that little just adds to the appeal. I think I might wait until someone has tested it first and given their thoughts, impressions and feedback. That will be the grown-up thing to do...

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
... And then buy one cheap when they don't like it! Excellent, a man after my own heart.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I like its adaptability and all those neat little clips and tweakers to get versatile sits and lays :) But I'd miss the veiws from a trad hammock & tarp set up too much. I like to see the natural woodland fauna around me as I and they wake.... usually scratching their butts, yawning and taking a wazz ;)

NGM6456

Mar 24, 2014
United Kingdom
Looks an amazing bit of kit. Innovative design on the original hammock system. It certainly seemed a lot more comfortable than the classic hammock and was easy to erect (no fancy knots etc). I definitely liked the 'width' aspect of the design which eliminates the feeling of being cocooned , or entrapped, in a typical hammock which restricts movement when the sides pull tight against your body. Can accommodate a person up to 6' 5" tall (2 meters) and weighing up to 18.5 stone (120 kilos). Expensive, yes, but top quality outdoor gear is costly (Terra Nova products spring to mind). All in all, it would seem to be a vast improvement on hammock design, particularly for use when dwelling in the wild woods. Hats off! to the Norweigan science and design students who developed this brilliant innovation.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE