New trekking belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I need a very thin and breathable trouser belt (40mm) for trekking. Thin because other belts might be on top and breathable so that it would not cause too much sweating underneath also thin buckle or whatever is used for fastening it. So far I have not found anything even remotely like that. Suggestions?

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Look up Army PT belts. Various manufacturers available. Designed to be worn on the trousers under the various armour/belt kit used by the forces.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
BW Hosengürtel nach TL

That are factory new original ones here.

After you shortened it, the belt keeps it's size. It's far less adjustable than other systems afterwards. But the closure is pretty flat.

They are also sold as used military surplus. But because they are pretty cheap I would order a new one if Varusteleka doesn't have it.

I think it's a German product. Far better constructed and made than everything similar I have seen.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Try these maybe......?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madriverrob

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Absolute thinnest buckle. Might be a little narrower than 40mm

I have one of these Fjallraven webbing belts that I like. 40mm, canvas, pretty low profile buckle. If this isn't what you are looking for, what about it is wrong?

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Look up Army PT belts. Various manufacturers available. Designed to be worn on the trousers under the various armour/belt kit used by the forces.
As per Wildgoose's advice- I've had good service from one of these for many years. Its very flat, breathable, and the simple buckle gives you the option of threading the webbing all the way through both halves for the strongest possible/no slip (i've never had the need to), or just through one half of the buckle and rely on the velcro. Never had any rub from it under other kit/waist belts.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Fjällräven belts are ok if used by themselves, put 20 kg in the pack and the hip belt changes things a lot, I have had at least one FR belt in past, I must admit that they last.

I bought one of those security underbelts with velcro fluffy, I'll see how it lasts, it feels ok though, not tested with hip belt yet.

jtkirkland

Dec 11, 2014
Coastal Georgia, United States
Absolute thinnest buckle. Might be a little narrower than 40mm

I have one of these Fjallraven webbing belts that I like. 40mm, canvas, pretty low profile buckle. If this isn't what you are looking for, what about it is wrong?
+1 on the Grip6. they are great. you can throw them in the wash as needed because the buckle comes right off. No slipping, no BS.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE