New toy! Goulash canon.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
It was my birthday on Tuesday and my family got me one of these.

dvGj8Qj.jpeg

GuBPDWE.jpeg

Been wanting one for ages. Although I have to say its bigger than I'd envisaged. The pot is 9 litres in size, enameled cast iron. The unit is stainless steel.

Will give a full review once I've used it.

Cheers

Mike

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Agh! Agh! It's basically a Soyer Stove but not so over engineered! Since I've failed miserably to get a real SS and this ones very reasonably priced how well is it built as it being flimsy would be the only thing to put me off it!

got a anniversary coming up and herself is threatening to get me one since there's nowt "crystal" that's really me!
patb

Tom

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I have to confess. I made the big hawthorne spoon in anticipation I may be getting it.

As far as build quality goes its sturdy but not bomb proof. I'm guessing if you trod on it it'd dent easily. But the welds are strong and its light for the size. I'm going to add some heat proof tape to the handles as the steel is a little sharp and wignuts to the leg bolts to make it a bit easier to stow and set up.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I have to confess. I made the big hawthorne spoon in anticipation I may be getting it.

As far as build quality goes its sturdy but not bomb proof. I'm guessing if you trod on it it'd dent easily. But the welds are strong and its light for the size. I'm going to add some heat proof tape to the handles as the steel is a little sharp and wignuts to the leg bolts to make it a bit easier to stow and set up.

Thats good enough for us! herselfs ordered one and now I've actually got to get her something. I suspect herself will like playing with it as much as i so.

ATB

and thanks for the heads up

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Its arrived!

minisoyerstove_zps4e29cc60.jpg

Its better than I'd epected for the money, I'm rather chuffed with it. The bolt on legs are a bit awkward so at some point I will rig them so either they come off easier or fold but what I will do first is drill the feet to take pegs to make it even less likely to be knocked over.

jnrs now pulling my comedy sized frying pan from the heap of cooking gear and seing how that fits

minisoyerstove2_zps238f4374.jpg

Very well as it happens!

Going to try it out tomorrow if its dry.

ATB

Tom

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Its better than I'd epected for the money, I'm rather chuffed with it. The bolt on legs are a bit awkward so at some point I will rig them so either they come off easier or fold but what I will do first is drill the feet to take pegs to make it even less likely to be knocked over.

I ordered some wignuts for mine for the same reason - would be good to weld the 2 bolts to a plate as well, shame I can't weld.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE