New torch advise

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
I wish you'd send some rain over this way Phil, it's not dropped below 35c in the day for the last 2 months here :(

If you want another 18650 light then the SC600 is certainly worth a look.
Not to impressed with ZL as a company as their after sales "service" is terrible, but they do keep making great lights though.

Careful with the AA lights.
I recently bought 2 x H502's 1 the normal tint the other the H502d, thing is though with normal AA batteries the torches are not as bright as with either my Eneloop's or my non rechargeable lithium cells.

With modern emitters it's difficult for normal cells to provide enough juice.

So don't buy a new AA torch automatically thinking it will work with at it's highest setting with all your AA cells.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
My fenix tk15 and klarus xt11 is ok for me in that size light.
Still thinking about the v11r lol was going to pick up a one aa for low output stuff, so mite end up picking some thing up cheaper.
Have a fenix ld20 and a maglite xl200, with the e05 i am sorted for lights, just the one aa missing lol.
AA's come in handy camping, can swap them round with other gear. Ordered a 700ma 5v solar panel from china at the weekend, come in handy with a 2 aa charger i got, plus work with the xtar usb charger i got for 18650s what can take 16340 if i do get some one day.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
For a AA camp light you can't go far wrong with a H502c
http://www.zebralight.com/H502c-High-CRI-Neutral-White-AA-Flood-Headlamp-_p_95.html

Really nice tint and a mega flood beam make for a great camp light, just don't expect much in the way of throw.
I use mine a lot for reading my Kindle, even a few cm away it still has enough flood to light up all the text.

I have both the normal H502 and the H502d, i'm kicking myself though as i wish i'd had bought the H502c tint instead.

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Just wanted to update, my Klarus turned up yesterday, and it knocks spots off the Lenser (well it was nearly 3 times the price!), fits my needs perfectly, has a great flood, and alot brighter.

Thanks again for the advise

:)

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Just wanted to update, my Klarus turned up yesterday, and it knocks spots off the Lenser (well it was nearly 3 times the price!), fits my needs perfectly, has a great flood, and alot brighter.

Thanks again for the advise

:)

Phew, glad you like it otherwise i'd have felt pretty guilty about recommending it :lmao:

To be honest it's a tough little torch with very little to go wrong, even if the worst happens and it fails although i've have dealings myself with Klarus i have heard and read many good reports.

Good luck with your new torch.

Should also add that i'd strongly advice to go with rechargeable batteries, not only does it reduce the long term running cost, they also do not leak and ruin the contacts if left in the torch too long.

I know for a fact i've tried all the major manufacturers of both AAA and AA rechargeable cells and most of those not so well known, now i only buy Sanyo Eneloop AAA and AA cells.

They are THAT good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE