New Storm Mountain Shirt from Ridgeline Now In Stock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Hello all

Just to let you know the long anticipated Mountain Shirt from Ridgeline is now in stock.

The new Ridgeline Storm Mountain Shirt has been designed for outdoor use in extreme cold conditions, and is especially useful as part of a layering system where it can be worn as a mid layer between a warm base garment and a waterproof outer layer if required in extreme wet weather conditions.

Only £59.99 to forum members.

stormjackets1.jpg

Stormjacket2s.jpg

The Ridgeline Storm Smock has many unique features and is guaranteed to keep you warm in even the most rugged winter conditions. Side zips of the jacket have a dual function, which allows to be unzipped from the base to allow ease of donning and doffing, or unzipped from under the arm to form a pit zip to ventilate when active.

The Pocket Pile lining of this mountain shirt for men has a Ven Tex shell is designed to keep you warm in cold conditions, but allow your body to breathe when remaining active to prevent chill or dampness within the garment.

A warm hood is included which is detached using hook and loop attachments, and is ideal for keeping your head warm in exposed areas subject to wind and snow. A neck zip allows you to ventilate where required, or can be pulled up to meet the hood to form a warm barrier against the cold.

Tough reinforcement on the outer arm ensure exposed areas are protected and a large front chest pocket is ideal for storing binoculars or essential equipment.

Designed to be worn close to the skin, the Ridgeline Storm Warm Jacket is made with Ven-Tex, which is a fully breathable material which allows excess warm air to be expelled preventing overheating during high activity.

Super warm pocket pile fibres are designed to allow heat that is generated by movement to be trapped between the pockets in the fibres, forming a warm barrier between the body and the garment

Thanks for reading.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I like the long tail scoop, better than other brands. I've been wearing mountain shirts for years and I've found if you put a she'll over, it defeats the object of them. The perspiration has no where to go and results in a warm but wet sticky environment. IMO best used on their own and let the pile and outer (pertex copy? ) do it's thing. Cheers

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
I agree, i wore a Buffalo smock for years, and knowing how they are supposed to work, they do the job really well.

There is no denying it that this new Ridgeline Storm Mountain Shirt, bears a passing resemblance to the Buffalo shirt style, but Ridgeline have made it their own with some real innovative features.

Ive been wearing one today filming the set up of a new portable high seat tree stand, and the side zips are excellent as they can be zipped from the hem upwards for ease of getting it on and off, or zipped down from the arm pit as a pit zip like on my Harkila Pro Hunter.

Fabric is a really nice weight, and I can see them coming into their own in winter months when its freezing cold and snowy.

I was lucky to be involved in the pre-development of this, and had a sample in black for a few months to try. It was of course very hot in warmer months, but when it was freezing cold on a frosty morning on the hill with my labs, it came into its own.

Paul

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Sounds really good Paul, would you speculate how strong the outer is? My Snugpak sorftie shirt lasted me years of hunting in dense woods, with only snags and very short tears. I did destroy a paratex pile shirt in no time at all though.

I appreciate they are not really designed for smashing into cover and such, but them that favour wearing all the time might do just so when the heat is on ;)

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
HI thanks for the question.

Hard to tell without wearing one in the scrub, however they are a tightly woven fabric and it certainally would suffer with thorns etc like most fabrics, but seems tough enough if it were to catch on hedge etc I would not expect it to be an issue.

UPDATE: I just fetched my pre production sample out the car, which has been subjected to labradors jumping up against it and crawling about in the field over fences etc. It hasnt bobbled or puckered at all, but I havent really been abusive towards it in scrub etc. Its stood up well, and apart from smelling like an old wet dog, its serving me really well. I should wash it come to think of it, as im getting strange glances in the office as the smell eminates across the room. A 3yr old wet lab sleeping on it seems to have the effect.

Hard to get a fabric "feel" across on here, but it has a slight plush feeling to the outer fabric, and is a bit tougher of a construction than my ageing Buffalo Shirt for example and being tightly woven it appears unlikely to "pull" easily.

I will have the studio cameras out tommorow so can take a macro fabric shot if it would help?

Regards

Paul

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Paul, do they have a waist adjuster like the buff ?, i ask as i've worn my buff to destruction, but being a bit tight, i've tried 2 other similar makes, the solo, more of a climbing jacket & the snugpak version. The snugpak is in my opinion let down by the lack of waist adjuster..

Rob

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Thanks for that Paul, I may just go for it and get one. P's, scottcountry.....where William Cody was born...... Any connection to the place?

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Glad I read this thread as I never realized the pro hunter had pit zips!

Like the look of the shirt, my special 6 needs replacing - is it a worthy contender?

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Glad I read this thread as I never realized the pro hunter had pit zips!

Like the look of the shirt, my special 6 needs replacing - is it a worthy contender?

If it's not mentioned, I wonder if it's like Snugpak sortie or rab berber and just go from waist to near pit?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Really like the look of this - am a big fan of the pile jackets. THe long tail is also an excellent idea.

What about sizing? I note your site says they go up to XXXXL - what would a manly, 48-50" chest require? :)

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Hi Andy,

I would say a 4XL would be needed for a 48"-50" chest.

They, like other Ridgeline smocks, usually need a size bigger than standard.

Pit zips on these are great, can be zipped down from under arm, or zipped up from hem.

Regards

Paul

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Studio camera tied up today so just taken some pics on iPhone.

stormhood.jpg stormpitzip.jpg

stormzipandliner.jpg

Hood is not wired.

Other pic shows pit zip, and then zipped from base of jacket upwards, and highlights warm lining.

Paul

Attachments

• stormjacket.jpg
    stormjacket.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Paul, do they have a waist adjuster like the buff ?, i ask as i've worn my buff to destruction, but being a bit tight, i've tried 2 other similar makes, the solo, more of a climbing jacket & the snugpak version. The snugpak is in my opinion let down by the lack of waist adjuster..

Rob

Waist adjuster,waist adjuster waist adjuster, do they have one !

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hello all

Just to let you know the long anticipated Mountain Shirt from Ridgeline is now in stock.

The new Ridgeline Storm Mountain Shirt has been designed for outdoor use in extreme cold conditions, and is especially useful as part of a layering system where it can be worn as a mid layer between a warm base garment and a waterproof outer layer if required in extreme wet weather conditions.

Only £59.99 to forum members.....

....and everyone else, according to your website:) Any little sweeteners for BCUK members? (Well, it was worth a try anyway!)

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Hello.

As for waist adjustment, there is not a corded waist as such, however there are velcro flaps which have a level of adjustment, or you can use the side straps to cinch the garment tight to you.

Saying that it is a garment designed to be worn close to the skin so is not a baggy fit and side adjustment barely needed.

I would of course recommend going one size larger as Ridgeline smocks are a touch on the small side.

As for the hood, there is no cinch adjustment, but as it attaches via a velcro banding, you could gather the hood tighter if required, however in practise this may be slightly bulky if you do this.

The hood is quite well formed so not going to flap about as much as others I have tried.

Best Regards

Paul

sidestrapstorm.jpgsidestrapstorm2.jpghoodstorm.jpgsidestrap2.jpg

Last edited:

scottcountry

Gold Trader
Sep 10, 2010
Castle Douglas
Sorry didnt see the question regarding the Bushcraft forum incentive.

If you use the code SD1DEAL you get free carriage on Ridgeline clothing from Scott Country (stock items only)

Thank you

Paul

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Got my Storm Mountain shirt. These are very small for the size - I got a 4XL, and its considerably smaller than my Snugpack equivalent, which is either an XL or 2XL. No more mince pies for Andrew:) Nicely made though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE