new site for hammock camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

sccadmin

Looks like I'll be testing the site this weekend, first time out for my 6 year old daughter so taking it easy, going up Sat afternoon returning Sunday afternoon. I'll post pictures etc when we get back.

S

sccadmin

Hi All,

Good trip, not a bad spot at all. The wood is owned by a couple who also own the adjoining fields, you basically drive past their house, up the field with the cattle and into the field next to the wood. We were given a map with locations of the most used spots but opted for an camp out of the way.

We saw one dog walker and there were no other campers.

There is a water source but it looked dubious. A quick walk up and down the main section of stream saw submerged tractor wheels and an industrial pumping station doing their thing in the water.

No problem finding a spot for the hammock or one man tent.

Plenty of dead wood for fires.

They're obviously not used to having conscientious campers are there were quiet a few fire scars about.

I'm glad we didn't choose the main camping area as it was nice to feel we were in virgin forest. Loads of broad leaf woodland, birches in abundance and surrounded by fields of crops.

I'll be going back, was great for a first trip with my eldest and easy distance of Leeds, well easier than Scotland that is!

Massive thanks to Drew, hope I haven't stole your thunder, this will really help improve the possibilities for regular weekend trips.

Cheers

Rich

hammockandfire.jpg

hannahandfire.jpg

hannahandstream.jpg

meandfire.jpg

meandhammock.jpg

watersource.jpg

fireandseat.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE