New Site Feedback And Issues

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Please post your feedback, good and bad about the new site. If you have any problems let us know, if you see something strange let us know (No naming of relatives or friends:lmao: )

We need your feedback to make sure all is well and all the kinks are ironed out (it's a big complicated site)

Thanks all, and enjoy the new site.;)

Tone

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Looks good to me Tone :)
Like you said in your intro article (which you left a link off btw, "
(here - Add URL) " in articles para), lots of new bits and changes to the ways we used to get to things.

Trying to find the "mark all posts read", on the old one used to be on a drop down.
Only because I usually "go to new posts" ... look through the 100's that have been posted in the last 4 hours! ... pick out the ones i want to read, then mark the rest as read..

Only place i can see a "mark as read" is on the individual forum sections. Don't want to have to go through each forum to mark them all as read.

EDIT: Also, just found... when you go "home" on the gallery sub navigation, it opens it up in that cascading frame error still.

EDIT #2 : Finding that sometimes when i click on "go to last new post" from the new posts messages it's not working, putting me to the first post in the thread. Might just be me though... also seem to be logged into the main site login, but then when i hit here i seem to be logged out ( can see the "register" nav link)

EDIT #3: (not urgent one) Could you enable the RSS feed on the blogs? just tried to add yours Tone to my feed lists, but said "RSS feed not enabled" after i click the RSS feed button to add it.

Will post more as i come across them, good work guys!

Cheers
Carlo

DaveP

May 18, 2007
Haslemere
Giancarlo:

1. Hybrid mode seems to be working here...Tested in IE6, IE7 and FF2
2. Can't replicate your Gallery...Home issue - we may have fixed it, can you test pls?
3. Can you give me a link to the "last new post" issue?
4. Logging out then back in again should sort any problems to do with the forum and main site logins not being in sync. We expect some issues with this for a while, so if you find yourself logged out of the forum, just logout of the main site and log back in again. I know that' a pain, buthopefully it shouldn't happen much and we will get to the bottom of it eventually.
5. We'll check the RSS issue. It's a bit lower on the list right now.

Thanks for your help:)

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
1. Hybrid mode seems to be working here...Tested in IE6, IE7 and FF2

still going weird for me (in FF2), just loads the left nav menus into the same centre column, so doubling up on the left

2. Can't replicate your Gallery...Home issue - we may have fixed it, can you test pls?

just retried it.. still happening here:
when in gallery, "clicking on "Home" within the " Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos" nav links

3. Can you give me a link to the "last new post" issue?

I cant see it at the mo, since there's no new posts.
But does the same on the "view last post" (icon next to users name in "last post" column)
got this at the mo for your last post on this thread :
http://beta.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=285971#post285971

whn i click it, or even paste it in new browser i get tony's.. it's like it's not jumping down to the anchor, or the query string is wrong? the p ID is correct for your post.

4. Logging out then back in again should sort any problems to do with the forum and main site logins not being in sync. We expect some issues with this for a while, so if you find yourself logged out of the forum, just logout of the main site and log back in again. I know that' a pain, buthopefully it shouldn't happen much and we will get to the bottom of it eventually.

Yeah i think it may have timed out

5. We'll check the RSS issue. It's a bit lower on the list right now.

yeah i guessed so ;)

Thanks for your help:)

No probs mate, here to help

DaveP

May 18, 2007
Haslemere
Are you using the "beta.bushcraftuk.com" address to get to the site?

I need to try and get to the bottom of issues 1 and 2, but can't trplicate - I'll ask around for some others to check.

The "last new post" issue is a problem - it's down to the URL rewriting and is on the bug list - I didn't recognise it until I saw the link. Unfortunate :(.

Cheers.

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
I have tried to do forum searches but get no where because it says I haven't entered the image verification, but there is no image!
I am using Ubuntu Feisty Fawn and Firefox 2.0.0.3
Also threads I have bookmarked no longer work :(
All a bit different, not sure I like it yet.
It feels very busy and scrunched up, but maybe I'll get to like it in time?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If you're logged in you shouldn't have any problem with the search function. people that are not logged in need to use verification to search and we'll get that ironed out soon.

Maybe;)

hi there, i have to scroll to the right to see the forum posts. on the left of the screen is the list of tiltles home, artilcles, forum etc then all the rest of the info is on the right.

i am on an apple running safari 1.2.3 on OS X 10.3.5

like the new look.

DaveP

May 18, 2007
Haslemere
Greenpete, can you post some example links please?

Oh, and we are working on the image problem right now for those who are not logged in. Of course, everyone should just register and login ideally :)

Thanks

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
Greenpete, can you post some example links please?

Oh, and we are working on the image problem right now for those who are not logged in. Of course, everyone should just register and login ideally :)

Thanks
The one I am checking at the moment is this one; http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=21238&highlight=knife+making+video
Which is now here; http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21238&highlight=knife+making+video
The difference seems to be that the forums root directory has changed from 'community' to 'forum'.
I found it by searching once I had logged in, thanks Tony.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
When I join the forum, use new posts and enter a thread, I get all of the stuff on the right and left of the forum. It takes me to the first post of the thread regardless and only after clicking on the go to first unread post thing at the top of the page do the ads and quick links on the left dissapear. It then looks like the old site on its' wedding day!!!:D

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
The shop, ads and weather are great. I noticed the discount for members - I'll have to join. I reckon with all the experience within the membership we could stack up a load of good 'first hand' reviews - not the donated gear type that are always a bit biased.

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
First of all; great redesign and so far I didn't found any errors yet.

However, is it still possible to open the forum in another display? The new 'embedded' site just takes too much space on my 1280x800 laptop screen, mainly in the heigth.

Shift clicking etc doesnt work :(

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Love the new look Tony - though i'm starting to get a headache as the white background seems SOOOO bright now! :eek:

noticed that if you hit the button to take you to the latest post in a thread it just takes you to the first one instead

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
using linear mode - oldest first, clicking on the topic shows the first poost as normal, but clicking on the "go to last post" link still shows first post, not sure if this is right

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I've stuck the same thing in Red's "wipe your feet" post but could the background be a bit more muted or earthy coloured? My eyes hurt!:cool:

Ta

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE