New site - Bugs, Feedback & Questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Don't know if all the old content has been moved across yet. I can't find any of my posts or old threads that I had?

Great new layout BTW.

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Woah! New look or what!?

Tried the search on the England North threads (love the extra options) but it only brought back one result - which is strange as I saw at least two threads with 'York' in them. Might be a bug, might be me being a techno biff.

All looks great though Guys - Great effort (you deserve a beer).

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Chris, thanks for that. We're reindexing all the content and that will take a while, it should all be available when we've finished.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Hi ! New site looking great !
Well done all of you who made it happen.
Just a quick one to say that the Tapatalk Bcuk forum is not playing ball , and no posts are visible through Tapatalk and it keeps saying "err config"... " No network connection" .
Now I'm not sure if it's up to Tapatalk to sort it ( ie: updating the domain address?) Or if it was their latest update that mucked it up ?
But Has the address changed ? or is it just a case of BCUK getting the updated plugin for the Tapatalk app?

Sorry if it causes more headaches for you guys ...
Meanwhile I'll contact Tapatalk and try and get their support too...

Cheers

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
So current update:
- Search Engine is having a slight meltdown with the reindexing, I'm working on that so that should be up and running soon.
- I've not set tapatalk up on here yet, how many people use it? I'm more than happy to add it on.
- I'll have a look at the location change and get back to you.

Reactions: Leshy

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
So current update:
- Search Engine is having a slight meltdown with the reindexing, I'm working on that so that should be up and running soon.
- I've not set tapatalk up on here yet, how many people use it? I'm more than happy to add it on.
- I'll have a look at the location change and get back to you.

Looks like I'm also having issues with double (or more) postings ha ha. Now I need to figure out how to delete them. I'm such a Luddite!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just a minor thing ive noticed this morning regarding email notifications and it may be a setting ive missed, but on the old site when someone replied to a thread you got an email saying "so and so has replied to ........, you wont get any more notifications until you visit/read", ie you got a single notification, at the moment im getting an email notification every time someone replies to a thread im subscribed to.

Capture by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

Reactions: Insel Affen

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
In preferences (hover over your user name at the top) there is a tick box to turn email notifications off, I'll have a look and see if I can find a setting to reduce the number being sent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE