New RM Book

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Certainly sounds interesting:

Synopsis
In "Wild Foods", Ray Mears and Gordon Hillman lead us into the wildest parts of Britain to demonstrate the huge variety of indigenous foods that can be found. One of the most crucial skills to surviving in any wilderness is self-reliance - now, with this book, you can equip yourself with the knowledge to find tasty and sustaining foods in your own back yard and beyond. Practical, enthralling, often surprising, packed with beautiful illustrations, "Wild Foods" is an invaluable tool for any keen outdoorsman, and it is a fascinating read anyone with an interest in the little-known side of Britain's natural resources.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I new this series was due to be aired quite soon, but going by the release date of the book, it is sooner than expected. Good news, and Ray doing proper bushcrafty stuff in Blighty too :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ahh, this is going to be a good book, I know that Ray and Gordon have been working on this book for years, Ray knows his stuff and Gordon is a walking encyclopedia...It's going to be a great book :D

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Tony said:
Ahh, this is going to be a good book, I know that Ray and Gordon have been working on this book for years, Ray knows his stuff and Gordon is a walking encyclopedia...It's going to be a great book :D
That's my christmas sorted out, ok it will be a bit late, but it has to be better than socks and smellies again.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
He has'nt asked me for any pictures!
Great to see tho! From experience I know its food out of doors that folks are interested in (WG last year on Sunday we expected 14 and actually had 70 on the class).
N

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Thaks for the heads up although I hope it's not like his last book which accompanied the bushcraft survival series.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
having spent a day with gordan the green i for one cant wait for this book his knowledge is out of this world, tony is right. he picked a ten foot square and what he could identify out of that section was wow (cant wait)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE